Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of boys! Please help!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 39 Replies
My son is 18 months old and I've been wondering when and how to potty train him. Any advice about how and when to go about it?! It would be greatly appreciated! :)
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jayray51413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Bump
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Bump. My only boy is 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieinva80
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Wait for signs. Boys usually will start later on potty training then girls. Start them off by having them sit,then once they have gotten use to using potty,throw Cheerios in toilet and tell them to aim at them to learn to pee standing up. Don't forget to have some type of reward for when they do right.
jayray51413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Thanks for the bump! You could get some ideas too if anyone replies lol

Quoting MIA0223:

Bump. My only boy is 9 months.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I did it so many years ago I'm sure someone will have a better idea. 

mxracers
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
throw cherrios in the toilet and make a target. He might be to young to get it. Or, throw some tp in and ask him to sink the ship. Boys take longer than girls...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jayray51413
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
What are some signs? He doesn't say pee pee or poo poo or grab at him self. I only know he is pooping because he grunts. Lol

Quoting blondieinva80:

Wait for signs. Boys usually will start later on potty training then girls. Start them off by having them sit,then once they have gotten use to using potty,throw Cheerios in toilet and tell them to aim at them to learn to pee standing up. Don't forget to have some type of reward for when they do right.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

my boys both potty trained at just over 2 yrs. letting them pick their underpants was huge to them. I also made a giant happy party every time they went potty. DS1 was scared of using the regular toilet so we had to get him his own potty. He loved that he had something all his. DS2 woke up from a nap one day and said "No more diaper Mommy, I use potty" and that was it. I was so lucky to get that with him lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My boys were all about 2 a little older give or take
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I started my kids at 18 months, just make sure you go from wearing diapers to wearing under ware, I feel like using pull ups just defeat potty training. Don't stress too much if they have accidents, just remember to remind them to go, look for their cues, such as holding themselves or doing the potty dance.

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)