Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever been embarrassed if your credit card got declined while standing in line?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CuriousArentYa
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yes and I was pissed. The bank deposited my money to the wrong account. Thank goodness I had my receipt!

mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Yes! Oh my, it happened with a card we had on file with our gym. It was declined, I was like, "the fuck?" 

It turned out it took our credit card company THREE months to notice our billing zipcode did not change with our gym when we moved.  

mlpcrusader
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM
No because I know we always have money. It's usually something dumb like we didn't tell our bank we were on vacation or moving or they caught a fraud and froze our acct before being able to contact us.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Yeah but there was a stretch where BoA debit cards were being declined on Saturdays. I'd be mortified now though lol.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I have honestly never had this happen to me.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Well yeah, I mean it's embarassing. Especially if you have no other form of payment and have to leave your cart and walk out.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Was my debit card, but yes. Turns out I had hit the wrong account. Oops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quoting mlpcrusader:

No because I know we always have money. It's usually something dumb like we didn't tell our bank we were on vacation or moving or they caught a fraud and froze our acct before being able to contact us.

This exactly.

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Nope, this actually happened to me a few weeks ago. I was helping my mom and had her card at the grocery store when it was declined.  It turned that she had given me the card that was deactivated. She had lost it got a new one and then apparently found it not knowing it was the lost one. No big deal they got their money and we got the groceries

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
No. Shit happens. I simply tell the cashier I thought there was enough on the card, apologize, and cancel my purchase.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN