Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies

I'm 9 weeks, 1 day pregnant. When I foudn out at 4 weeks my boyfriend asked me and we talked for a week and I said no. I've always thought I was pro-life for myself. I don't think I could live with myself if I aborted. But the further along I go, the more I think that I don't want to be pregnant or have another baby right now. I'm 22 years old, and we haven't been officially dating all that long. We've been friends for years and he's really supportive of my decision and has come to appointments and helps out. But I'm a single mom to my 18-month-old, we're not at that stage where he'd step up, it's still early. I'm also in school. I'm a full-time Honours Psychology student. The further along I go, the more I think I'm happy with one child. I don't want to cause an emotional rift. Things will be complicated. I want to be in school and finish and be successful. It's exponentially harder with two children. 

I don't know what to do. I don't know if I could have an abortion. Someday I hope I miscarry... it's horrible but then it's not me making the decision. :( I know I'll bond when I get further along and I know things will come together and they will find a way to work but it's hard right now.

And to answer your question.. we were using protection but I didn't know there was a pill recall. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM
You might get bashed for hoping you'll miscarry :/
Mrs.Urquhart
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
6 moms liked this

If you have even a shred of doubt about getting an abortion, don't do it. 

It sounds like you do.  Have you considered adoption?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Probably but they're honest feelings. And I know I'm not the only one who's ever thought that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You might get bashed for hoping you'll miscarry :/

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this

It's ultimately your choice whether or not to terminate.

But it's something YOU'LL have to carry with you your entire life and there's always that possibility that regret will come along with that decision.

Nobody gets to make this choice but you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Adoption

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
That must be tough. I'm so sorry. I hope you get it figured out soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I considered adoption with my first. I was balling before the person even said anything. Can't do it, I would raise my own children. And I can't seperate my kids, it's hard :(

Quoting Mrs.Urquhart:

If you have even a shred of doubt about getting an abortion, don't do it. 

It sounds like you do.  Have you considered adoption?

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Well, if it were me, I'd have an abortion. You seem to have your head on straight with what you want and the direction you're going in with school is looking really good for you. You've pretty much given really good reasons why having a baby right now wouldn't be the best choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I'm not asking for someone to decide. Just for others experiences, input, alternative views. I'm hormonal, pregnant and stressed.. not thinking as clearly as I could be.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It's ultimately your choice whether or not to terminate.

But it's something YOU'LL have to carry with you your entire life and there's always that possibility that regret will come along with that decision.

Nobody gets to make this choice but you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)