Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please vaccinate?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 627 Replies
15 moms liked this
Last week my son came home with a letter from school that a kid there has mumps. It had symptoms to look for and explained that vaccination is the best defense against the disease.
This week another letter...whooping cough. Same content. Symptoms and an explanation of why you should VAX.
I get that everyone is entitled to treat their children medically as they see fit and I'm not necessarily for forced vaccination.
I just don't understand for life of me why a parent would choose to let their children be suseptable to these diseases when there is a way to protect them. I'm not talking chicken pox...that I don't see as a harmful disease but these other deadly viruses...
The "possible risk" of vaxing as opposed to the amount of risk associated with some of the diseases we VAX for. I don't get it. It's illogical to me.
I understand that people are frightened but it all seems so conspiracy theory to me.
*OK ladies here is how I see it ...
You are crossing the street with your child. A bus is headed straight for you. There is a chance the bus will break in time or swerve out of the way and not hit you. If the bus hits you, you may die, you may be injured, you may just be sore and bruised but you don't know how fast it's going to be going when it makes contact. If you step onto the sidewalk there is a chance you may trip striking your head on the curb and sustain brain damage.
Why would you choose to take your chance with the bus when you have much more chance of safety on the sidewalk?
Title change to be less offensive.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
10 moms liked this
Vaccines are NOT 100% you know... Plenty of fully vaccinated ppl get what they were vaccinated for.
Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I get scared sending my 5 yo to school each day because of illnesses like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staci1103
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh boy I smell a shit storm brewing!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Um how about you worry about your own kid and let others worry about theirs???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
9 moms liked this

Find a private school.  We refuse to send out kids to public because of this nonsense.  (other reasons too) 

Our school will not let these idiots who won't vax their kids in. 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am in agreement. The risk involved with vaxing is negligible. If someone is *that* paranoid, I don't see how they drive in cars, fly in airplanes, send their kids to their friends houses, or any of these other things that have a minimal change of ending badly. 

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is taking a risk. It's the same argument on both sides.

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Trust me, I have a million reasons that I don't vaccinate. It was not an arbitrary decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
14 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
You should really look into statistics for both. And people vaxd can still get it and spread it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN