Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have been emotionally cheating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

My husband is so distant, he shows me no real affection, doesn't want to date and is all about his business. I have felt like this marriage is now that of convenience. We are raising our child together and trying to obtain things in life but the  romance is gone.

I met someone online (bash away ladies....I deserve it). He has filled a void, a huge void. I've been married for 14 years and feel so alone. This person is somewhat  vulnerable. Seeking a real relationship with someone so that he can show them ALL of his love. He doesn't know me. I could never offer him that with current situation (marriage). He's nothing like my husband. A man that every woman says 'he would do any and everything for you', yet the romantic man in him is gone. I don't know where he went. We've both accomplished a lot together but what do these material things mean when there is no emotional Iove? We both gave up on that part of the marriage. Sex comes once every 2 months and its so predictable until it's boring. I have to be honest, he does not arouse me at all.

The replies that I will respond to will be those that are void of nastiness and vulgarity. I don't need that right now. This is a confessions group and so what I did was confess the problem that I am having right now. I don't need to be made to feel trashy because I am not trash. I'm a woman that has a marital problem and acknowledges it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Dh and I have been the same way for awhile. While I wouldn't do it or necessarily agree with what you're doing I can easily see why you would. It's a very sad, lonely life.
EAzizM
by Erica on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
4 moms liked this
If your marital problems were that horrible, you would be a grown up and leave.

*here comes all the excuses*
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

What are you going to do? Stay and quit, leave and go with him, leave and be alone, stay and keep the affair going? Make a decision. Hopefully one that won't destroy lives. Best wishes and good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Did u meet him yet.you may went to .I don't usually encourage this but you dh sounds like a. Ass
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM

i assume you've spoken to your DH and told him in no uncertain terms what you need from him?

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
So why haven't you sat him down and said, "Look, you're neglecting me and it's making me seek attention from other men. We need to fix this."

The way you're doing things will NEVER help your marriage. It will only harm it. You've already given up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM

At one point in your relationship you loved you Dh enough to get married and have a life together. You can work on your marriage with him through counselling or you can respect him enough to leave before you cheat on him physically as well. Or you can keep doing what you're doing and have internal conflict about it... cause you know it's not right. That's the best advice I can give. Talk to your Dh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I am very sad and lonely. Yet, I am involved in mother groups and have a slew of friends. I am a successful woman. Taking care of the many needs of others but not having my needs met. What is amazing is that people think that when they look at us and what we have accomplished that we really have it made. They have no idea what's really going on in our house. It's nothing to be desired.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh and I have been the same way for awhile. While I wouldn't do it or necessarily agree with what you're doing I can easily see why you would. It's a very sad, lonely life.

SylviaPerez
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

i suggest marriage couseling and both of you need to put in your 100% to make it work..it's still possible to save your marriage....but you both need to want to save it..  good luck...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be concerned that you are being 'catfished'.   I understand that emotional need to connect with someone, but don't be fool yourself into falling in love with someone online who just says all of the right things.  My concern is for your well being and that of your family.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)