Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*UPDATE 2 dx**My 6 year old's arm after getting shots on Wednesday *pics in replies* * pictures showing location page 4 replies 34,35,37*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
This post is NOT for debating for or against vaccinations!! I am against them but dh wanted our children to receive them. I MADE MY DECISION ON NOT VACCINATING AFTER DOING RESEARCH FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!! I started doing research with the help of my mom and teachers etc. at the age of 13/14 after I was told it was time for some vaccinations. I refused them after reading in books and in medical journals and other types of trusted information.

My husband made the decision based on the old "I have mine so they need theirs" argument. With the type of relationship we have (sub/dom or m/s), we have discussed this with great detail for the last almost 6 years. Vaxing stopped at 1 year with each child. But my husband made the final decision and even though i disagreed i followed through.. HUGE MISTAKE

My oldest (7) needed 5 but with mixing of 2 he only got 3 pokes. He did NOT have side effects besides soreness. My youngest (6) needed 6 but with mixing of 2 he only got 4 pokes. He has had a low grade fever 100.2-101.8) since Wednesday, it finally broke last night, he also had soreness. He would not let me look at the injection sites because "I'm a tough boy mom". I got a glimpse of his arm this morning and HE HAS A RED SPOT THAT IS RAISED AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S NORMAL OR NOT!!!!!

I know it's normal the first couple of days, but this long after????

3 pictures will be in the replies because I am mobile.

UPDATE- I CALLED THE DOCTORS OFFICE (DON'T OPEN UNTIL 10:30 ON SATURDAY) AND HAD TO WAIT FOR A CALL BACK FROM A NURSE. WHEN SHE CALLED SHE LET ME KNOW SHE HAD HIS CHART AND WANTED THE DOCTOR TO SEE HIM BECAUSE IT COULD BE AN ALLERGIC REACTION OR IRRITATED OR SOMETHING ELSE. I ASKED HER ABOUT IF HE GOT A TB TEST AND HE DID NOT GET ONE. I GO IN AT 12 SO IF I DON'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS OR REPLY TO YOU I AM DRIVING OR AT THE DOCTOR. I WILL UPDATE WHEN I FIND OUT

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO GAVE ADVICE OR ASKED QUESTIONS TO GET MORE INFORMATION TO HELP. UPDATE 2: Well it's not an allergic reaction thank god! He has a bacterial infection from the nurses not getting all of the bacteria off with the alcohol pad and the bacteria getting inside of the puncture wound. I am glad it's not more serious and can be cured by an antibiotic named Clindamycin HCL 300mg capsule taken by mouth 3 times a day for 7 days. I have to take him back if it starts to ooze or gets any bigger. I asked her about the location of the area, and she said the actual puncture wound is where it should be due to him getting 2 shots in each arm. yes I think I might have overrated some but not getting shots to my child having that big red area kinda pissed me off. I let her know about him hiding his arms with t-shirts covering the area and was told he isn't the first kid to do that... He didn't really want to show her because as he said"I can tough it out" Thank you everyone for all of your help! I am still going thru the replies.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Wow sorry I did not mean for it to be this long!!! I tried to correct any spelling or punctuation or grammar mistakes, but every mistake might not have been caught.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM

It kinda looks like a bug bite but he said it's been like this....

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
http://www.bannerhealth.com/incfiles/housecalls/peds/FeverInfectionsCrying/ImmunizationReactions.htm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Excuse the undies and little mess I am fall cleaning
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this
Your six year old has had a spot like that for almost four days and you are just now noticing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM

That is as close as my phone would allow without being blurry
Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
My daughters had red spots appear from their vaccines a week after they got them. They were considered normal and went away within a week
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Call the pediatrician!
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Both my sons had that reaction to their 2 month shots. I've heard it is a possible side effect of some.
jaycam
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

you need to take him in and get it looked at. that is not normal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN