Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE. Ok Texas state troopers I get the message loud and clear.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 118 Replies
Apparently its against the law in Texas not to have a front license plate. I had one, I watched the guy at the dealership put it on. Well between that day and this weekend I somehow lost the entire front plate along with the black thingy that holds the plate.

I didn't know.

I get pulled over last night and it was for that. I was shocked because I really didn't know I was missing the plate and asked the trooper what I needed to do to fix it. He told me I needed to go to the tags office and he wrote me a warning.

Ok. This is Friday at 7pm. I can't do anything this weekend about the tag.

So about an hour later I get pulled over again. Same reason. I showed the guy the warning and explained I was just made aware of it and as soon as I can I will get the plates. He still runs my DL and comes back with a warning that again I had to sign.

So this morning I'm 3 hours from home and I had to run up to the grocery store when I get pulled over AGAIN. Same freaking reason. I explain I was just made aware of the problem and I'll get it fixed as soon as I can. This guy runs my DL but doesn't write me a warning.

Come on guys I KNOW the system is automated. I know you have to know I was pulled over for this when you run my damn plates before you even pull me over. What do you expect me to do on a Friday night, Saturday morning about it?!?!? Unless there is some secret tags office that's open on the weekends there isn't much I can do until Monday.

On that note I have a question for my fellow houstonians.

The guy told me they can't just issue me the one plate I'm missing, that I have to get new plates. I know in Houston I can go to some grocery stores and pay for my registration but can I do that for the plates as well? Because if I can't it links like there is only one tags office for the entire city of Houston and its downtown....close to the George r brown. I really really really want to avoid that if I can.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

so I called today and they told me I could go anywhere, I didn't have to go to a harris county tax office. I went to the one down in Manvel and was in and out in less than 5 minutes!!! Got new plates and now headed to Lowes to get some screws and bolts to secure it on the front.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM

You can do it online, you know. That is how I do mine.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I can get replacement plates online?!!!? Lemme look because I couldn't see that last night but I was also on mobile.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

You can do it online, you know. That is how I do mine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Go back to the dealer and ask for temps?
Or stop driving the car...

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I bought the car 4 years ago, I don't think I can get temp plates now and I'm 3 hours from home....how would I get home of I don't use my car?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Our dmv is open on Saturdays and fridays.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Your dmv is open Fridays after 7?

I'm 3 hours away from home, I'm not driving home for new plates today.

My local DMV is open 8-430 mon-Friday. No sat hours.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Our dmv is open on Saturdays and fridays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM

bump

Whenever life gets tough I just remember this..

The Water Temple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Roxygurl:

I bought the car 4 years ago, I don't think I can get temp plates now and I'm 3 hours from home....how would I get home of I don't use my car?

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww, I misunderstood, sorry. Sounded like it was a new car.
You're 3 hours from home and having to run to the store and then get home?
Just accept this is going to be a problem until you are able to take the steps to get it resolved

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)