Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This makes no sense!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

average(cheaper) place to rent in my city is $1000-$1400.... but all places to rent have this rule to rent from them them tenets living there have to make 3x the monthly rent to rent from them to rent there... ( I get why that is) BUT if people are making $3000 a month at least. why the hell would they rent? 

this is why I live in income based housing.... rent in my city is fucking ridiculous! 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM
That's how it is here. It's a simple way of concluding you make more then enough to pay your rent. Stupid yeah but it is what it is.
Smoore922
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Consider moving to another city....

RobinBright
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
$3000 a month is still an extremely low income. Do you think $36000 annual automatically means you can buy a home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I make over $4,000 a month and bring home less then $3,000 after taxes. A mortgage here is what I bring home. It isn't always practical to own, when you can rent for way less.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

im not saying that is stupid. im saying who would rent if they make $3000 when you can buy a house around here making that...

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how it is here. It's a simple way of concluding you make more then enough to pay your rent. Stupid yeah but it is what it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

renting is easier than buying a house for some. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

we would need jobs in another city first. and we like our city. 

Quoting Smoore922:

Consider moving to another city....

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We make more than $3k a month. We rent because we move too much with the military and don't want to get stuck with a house we can't sell. Ownership isn't always the best idea for families. And 3x the rent has always been the norm in my experience, I've been renting since I left home 14 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

in my city (our in the town outside of the city.) you can buy a home for that,.

Quoting RobinBright:

$3000 a month is still an extremely low income. Do you think $36000 annual automatically means you can buy a home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM

they have that rule pretty much everywhere. there is nothing wrong with the rule. its a good thing and makes sense. the problem is it sounds like you live in a very high cost living area. sounds like it time to move someplace cheaper and more affordable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured