Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daycare tells me to not write on diapers. WWYD? :ETA: *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 709 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I am a single mom, I use a in home daycare. (currently looking for a better one after this).

My son is 9 months, and I give both Diapers and Wipes every Monday. Well since he started this daycare three months ago he was going through diapers very quickly. Even with the state standard of every two hours changing him, so I decided to write on them across the butt with his name. I did this on Monday, well I did this to the whole bag. The Owner told me " You can not do this to the diapers, or you will need to find a new daycare." So I according to our contract gave her my two week notice for him leaving here care. She said " I was being a crazy young mom, this is why young people shouldnt have kids, you're not calm enough".

Am I being a "crazy young mom"? ( I am 22 by the way, if that makes a difference.)

ETA:

Wow didnt know this would pop so quick most my post die lol

I was giving a Large box of pamapers size 4, 92 diapers. I over shot it on purpose in case of well diaper days, were from the normal amount a child decides to fill their diaper every 15 mins lol. We've all had that as moms. He is there only 6 hours a day Monday through Friday, from 8am to 2pm. His dad picks him up at 2pm when he gets off work and I work from 9am to 6pm. 

The problem "he was going through all his diapers" according to her, some how he was going through all 92 the 30 hours a week he was in daycare. So last Sunday I bought a box, and wrote on the butt of every diaper, on the small elastic part, with a sharpie. Left them all out to dry, and put them all back in the box. (Ok now it sounds insane, but that was $32 a week it adds up.)

Either way I am looking into centers, his father has aggreed to share the cost now. 

*update*

Ok first off, wow featured lol, second I have read every reply and good to see im not crazy. My sons aunt (dads sister) is going to watch him over the next week while we look into a new one. 

We are considering a large chain like Kindercare. Pricey but after this his father is wanting to go to a well known place.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

bump

mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM
139 moms liked this

Uh no. Diapers are expensive and she's clearly using them for the other kids in her care if she's going through them so quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

o_O

two4one
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
8 moms liked this

No, sounds like she's paused she can't use your diapers anymore.

turtlesquish23
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol no. Find a New center
Lilfootmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
6 moms liked this
I think your not being crazy. They were probably using the diapers you left for other kids. Id write on the diapers too.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
10 moms liked this
Wtf? That's disgusting. I am 21 with a 3yo and my daycare treats me with the same respect as they would the married women in their late 30s who planned their kids. Sounds like you're better off elsewhere!
momtolittleg
2 moms liked this
Yep. Find a new place. They are ripping off the diapers you bring in.
lalaballet
2 moms liked this
I think it's ridiculous. I had my first when I was newly 22 and would have done the same. I had four by 26 and still would have done the same.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

That seems pretty over the top mama.  Your kid is going to go through diapers and frankly I would be leery of a place that used very few.  Pick your battles wisely.  You have a LONG road ahead of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)