Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A shoeless three year old showed up at my door...?! ETA

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 158 Replies
1 mom liked this

She lives down the street. My son has played with her once before, outside. I told her she needed to get shoes , and she went home and came back wearing a pair of winter boots. Shes only in a flimsy princess dress, and it's chilly out. From what I gather, her parents let her just wander. I've never met or seen them.

I have no idea if she's eaten, has allergies, medical issues, or what. She's a sweet kid but I can barely understand her when she talks. I don;t know what to do with her, but right now they're playing in my living room. The front door is open, in case someone calls for her but its been almost an hour now with no sign of anyone.

She says her brother was with her but he left her. This happened yesterday too when my mum babysat. What do I do?!

EDIT: Her mum (I'm assuming?) shouted for her, and she grabbed her tricycle and went to her, across the street. The mom yelled at her for not coming faster, asked her if she wanted some pop and left her outside again. She's riding her trike up and down the street. Thankfully it's a circle in a quiet neighbourhood...

Right now I'm keeping an eye on her through the big front window, and if she comes back, I'll of course let her in. Clearly this kid needs someone to watch her...

I don't know if I should call CPS though. It sounds like her brother was supposed to watch her and messed up, but the fact that it happened two days in a row really worries me. She's such a sweet kid.

Edit again: I'm not going to talk to her mom, it won't help and honestly I have no desire to be her friend. And, I'm not going to call CPS. Like I've said, the cps here will not help at all, they'd call in advance and if anything's going on it would be cleaned up before they get here, among other issues. I'm not entirely sure what to do, but neither of those are options here.

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM
42 moms liked this

Honestly, and I know it may sound harsh, I'd call the cops, and let them contact CPS. Sounds like some parents need a huge wake up call.

newmom10142011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

call cps how do you not notice your 3 year old is missing. sge is too young to wander b y herself

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Take her to her house? I'm assuming you know which house if your son played with her. If not, I would think she could show you where she lives.

Take her back home. If her parents are there (I hope), tell them they need to keep a better eye on her. Or you will contact CPS.

That's bullshit.

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:05 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd go over to the house... if no one is there, I'd probably put a call into cps
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Call the police... If only to make a report... They can take her home and figure it out and if they call CPS it's on them...
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM
9 moms liked this

I would call the cops.  A 3 year old out wandering the neighborhood alone is neglect.

TnGsMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take her home and meet the "parents".  Tell them you almost called the police when a 3 year old without shoes showed up on your doorstep.   If no ones home, call the police. 

heydooney
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Our neighbor girl who was 4 told me her mom said she could come in and play (I had sent her home to ask and she just walked home and walked back, didn't ask) and she was at our house for a couple hours before her brother finally came to ask if she was here. We were next door with a shared driveway. She went wherever she wanted.

X_Patriot_Mom_X
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Id let her stay until the parents freak out. ask her what she likes to eat she should be able to tell you. if its like 3 hours later and noone comes looking or calling i'd put a call in to the cops

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
First, I would take her back to her house and have a "talk" with the person whos supposed to be babysitting and find out more info on the situation. I would also get the number of the mother and call her ass and find out if she even gave a shit. If the little girl showed up again I would definitely call CPS, someone isnt watching the little girl like they are suppose to be. Heavens forbid she goes in the street and gets hit by a car or kidnapped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN