Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do some parents think it's stressful?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
To have a newborn/infant? I have two dd's, my youngest being 3 months, and I can confidentally say I've never been 'stressed out' to the brink of exhaustion with either of them as infants. I think it's funny that my dh will huff and puff when our baby makes the slighest little crying noises lol. She's just too innocent and sweet at this age to get stressed or upset--my toddler though, now that's a whole other story haha!

So what is it about an occasionally crying or fussy baby that drives some people up the wall?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Everyone is different...who cares what other people think?  I keep to my own.

ashwee356
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM

This

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Everyone is different...who cares what other people think?  I keep to my own.

the_dude
by abides on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
10 moms liked this

toddlers are nightmares. duder longs for the times when they slept and ate and cuddled and couldn't shriek like some sort of prehistoric creature, and talk. that was awesome. 

myreaffetto
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Lack of sleep, lack of support, lack of silence and lack of personal time can cause stress. It's not rocket science; it's common sense.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

some people just don't do the infant stage well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Idk. I miss that stage. Shit is more stressful NOW and my youngest is 10 YEARS old...lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Its not the occassional cries. I had a very spirited first and crying was all she did, even all night unless she was held. She is still a challenge at 5!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM

my sisters son is 7 months old, and from the day he was born, screamed nearly all day with nothing wrong with him. doctors has said he is just a grumpy and fussy baby. he doesnt have colic, gas, indigestian, pain, anything. 

not all babies are the same

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Because some babies are fussy or crying more than just 'sometimes'.
Because not all parents were planning on having a baby at that point and have strained finances.
Because not all parents are good with the baby stage.
Because a million other reasons.
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I was personally stressed due to the fact that I had a medically fragile newborn and a newly adopted toddler. We found out that we were shockingly pregnant a mere 8 months after our oldest dd came home from China. She was not even 3 when Karli was born at 34 weeks and spent 3 weeks in NICU, then 6 months on an apnea monitor. Life was nowhere near easy with a newly attaching toddler and a newborn.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)