Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My layaway is started

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I went today and started my layaway for Christmas. 

Most of everything in there is for my ds. My ds has about 8 gifts on layaway and my dd has only 2. my ds is 10and my dd is 14. my layaway is a little over $300 not bad for 2 kids. $80 is the 2 gifts for my dd

I still have 2 3ds to get for my kids they each will get on each. and i have to get my dd a IPOD  and 2 more small gifts for my dd as well. My dd will get less than my ds because he gift cost a lot more than my ds. i added it up in my head and their gifts will add up to the same amount when i am done.

I will be spending about $400 on each child including the 3ds.

So have you started shopping, are you done or you the type who waits until last minute. I used to be a last minute type but i realize I can get more if i start a little earlier.

This is what i got so far:

DS 10 years old

air hog $30

Lego $30

lego $30

Sky lander $25

Halo $33

X3 face off $24

Air Hog $23

he will be getting the $3ds about $200

DD 14 years old

Head phone  $40

stereo $40

I still have to get her a lava lamp and I think at big lots they cost about $20

and either a jacket or just dance for her WII the just dance is $30 not sure how much the jacket will cost

and she will get the IPOD that is $100

And the 3ds for $200

I will be waiting until December to get the 3ds's and i still have to get my dh another aquarium for his bearded dragon which will cost about $180

I will be so glad when Christmas is over.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I will be so glad when the Christmas posts are over....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

you didn't have to open it .

Quoting owl0210:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Air hogs are crap they break right away. Get the orotecrtion plan or different brand we had solo many returns on them and we had two broke samne day
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Don't do layaway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don't do Layawaym but I'm about half way done with DD.

We bought DD two American Girl dolls (Ivy and Julie), two accessories that go with each one. DD will be getting Skylander's Swap Force. She got two Lego Sets (the Museum break in, and then the Lego Friend's stables)

Then probably whatever els we see that we know she'll like. That's the major stuff though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

well damn I hope they don't break those thing weren't cheap and it is what he asked for. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Air hogs are crap they break right away. Get the orotecrtion plan or different brand we had solo many returns on them and we had two broke samne day

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Lol, agreed! :)

Quoting owl0210:

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I start my shopping in January. I budget each month for Christmas and hit sales. If I can't pay for something out right my daughter won't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I am so glad that my dd is past the age for American Girl dolls. I hear about them and i hear they are expensive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't do Layawaym but I'm about half way done with DD.

We bought DD two American Girl dolls (Ivy and Julie), two accessories that go with each one. DD will be getting Skylander's Swap Force. She got two Lego Sets (the Museum break in, and then the Lego Friend's stables)

Then probably whatever els we see that we know she'll like. That's the major stuff though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM
They are awful they are expensive but crap look up the reviews

Quoting Anonymous:

well damn I hope they don't break those thing weren't cheap and it is what he asked for. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)