Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Food stamps shut down everywhere?? **PIOG**

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 16 Replies
In November it's reported that food stamps are being cut (reduced) Today on FB though a friend posted that the food stamps are now shut down indefinitely.

The website is down and the 1800 cannot retrieve any info.So WIC has been cut off, funding for Headstart and now food stamps. Smh They need to get their stuff together!
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimomof2
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Its a SYSYEM GLICHE! the computers are down and suppose to be up in the morning! It has nothing to do with the shut down. Most states have already got the system back up and a lot are saying the card can be used but must be put in manually not swipped

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM
The foodstamps issue has nothing to do with the shutdown. There was a power outage at the ebt server. They've got it back up but will take a few hours to completely reboot.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

The issue today has absolutely nothing to do with the federal government shut down or funding.  It is a payment processing error.  The payment processor JP Morgan Chase is having system trouble.  It was not planned and will not continue.  The payment processor also handles the website and phone system so that is why it is ALL wonky.  I wish they'd just issue a statement and end the speculation that it has anything to do with the shutdown.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

One can only wish.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:25 PM
How do you know?

Quoting muslimomof2:

Its a SYSYEM GLICHE! the computers are down and suppose to be up in the morning! It has nothing to do with the shut down. Most states have already got the system back up and a lot are saying the card can be used but must be put in manually not swipped

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM

It is just a glitch. They were trying to update the system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I used mine fine.
muslimomof2
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Because i called my state and I watched the news....( I actually don't recieve food stamps I called because I run a locla mom group and some were freaking out) http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20120250/2012/11/16/ebt-system-goes-down-in-florida Ohio is the ones saying to enter it manully http://www.wdtn.com/news/local/montgomery/ohio-ebt-website-down

Quoting SexyDiva19:

How do you know?

Quoting muslimomof2:

noturavemom
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

BUMP!

fanciepantz
by Alyssa on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I have read three of these posts now and I asked my husband and he is always playing devil's advocate ( he's an attorney btw) he said its probably a glitch but what if the truth is they are gone in the states that are affected. The government is not going to come right out and say it bc it would cause mass hysteria. I see his point. Hope they fix the glitch soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)