Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel awful and nobody here gives a crap UPDATE 10/14/13

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies

UPDATE: 10-14

So I went to the ER not long after this was posted, I sat in the waiting room for about 45 minutes and then they took me back to a room my bp was 179/92 and my heartrate was really high I dont remember what it was though. They hooked me up to an IV because I was pretty dehydrated and they gave me some pain meds & anti-nausea meds. They ran blood tests and my urine, the blood tests came back and I do indeed have pancreatitis but it wasn't a serious case and the doctor said we could treat it outpatient. So they sent me home with a script for pain medication, antinausea meds and told me to follow up with a doctor. I am still hurting pretty bad, I'm not allowed to eat anything because eating makes the pancreas stay inflammed. I am sort of getting bitchy because I am starving but on the plus side I am no longer vomiting!

Yes I am gonna vent here for a second. I woke up on Thursday morning with a sharp pain under my boob kind of near where my ribcage is and I was sick to my stomach. I have reflux so I assumed it was just another attack and took my meds and hoped it would go away. Well it hasnt, last night the pain grew worse and I was up and down all night because no matter how I positioned myself in bed it was super painful. I've been throwing up bile as well. My kids dont care that I am sick, they are 4.5 and 6 months and my 4.5yr old hasbeen rowdy all morning and has been in time out three different times because she isnt listening. My husband went to work for about 2 hours and came home even care that I was miserable and stuck with my head in the toilet dry heaving my guts out. He did feed them lunch and then comes into the bedroom and says "ok I am taking Lucy and going to Nate's football game, I'm leaving Nat with you." He doesnt even give me a chance to ask him if he would please, please take the baby because I can barely get myself out of bed long enough to vomit. Thank GOD she is breastfed because I dont think I would be able to make her a bottle. No I'm not pregnant, no womb so that would be fairly impossible. I dont know WHAT is wrong all I know is the pain is pretty intense and I am dizzy. I have been guzzling water to ward off dehydration and the only thing I have been able to hold down with any certainty is herbal tea.

So who wants to join my pity party? Anyone else having a really bad, no good, awful horrible day?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM
My kids spilled an entire bowl of cereal on the ground and my youngest got into a board game with a bunch of pieces and threw them everywhere. All in the five minutes I was in the bathroom because I have some nasty virus. My whole body hurts. My eyes are burning. My head is throbbing. My throat feels like it was scratched with sandpaper.

Oh and I'm on day 3 of my period and bleeding so heavily that I've already gone through 2 super tampons and pads with them in less than 4 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fistandantalus
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Dude, sounds like you might have something more serious than a tummy ache here....

preacherskid
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Is there anyone at all who can come stay with the kids?  Any fever?  What side is the pain?  Did this come on suddenly?  This is concerning to me, it sounds like it could be your appendix or gall bladder.  You need to get to an urgent care or ER today, as fast as possible.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Lot's of people are having a bad day since food stamps are down in some states.

Mammacra
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Take that baby get in the car & go to the er! Get some zofran to stop the vomiting get an iv drip!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I would go to the dr. Not saying it is, but i had that kind of issue, only i was not throwing up but its common when your Gallbladder wants you to die...... Mine tried to kill my liver, so i was yellow when i decided to go to the ER.

seksen
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Please get yourself into the ER. This sounds way more serious then a little virus.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM
You need to go to the er.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Quoting ColieO:

My kids spilled an entire bowl of cereal on the ground and my youngest got into a board game with a bunch of pieces and threw them everywhere. All in the five minutes I was in the bathroom because I have some nasty virus. My whole body hurts. My eyes are burning. My head is throbbing. My throat feels like it was scratched with sandpaper.

Oh and I'm on day 3 of my period and bleeding so heavily that I've already gone through 2 super tampons and pads with them in less than 4 hours.
Oh honey ((hugs)) sounds like its one of those days where you wish you could just go back to bed. I call this "today is gonna suck, bring vodka" kind of day. My 4.5 yr old decided to use too much toilet paper in the spare bathroom and the toilet overflowed and I had no idea until about an hour ago when in my haste to vomit I ended up ankle deep in water. FML
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN