Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just witnessed firsthand what it would be like if food stamps were eliminated!EDIT EDIT EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 461 Replies
14 moms liked this

i just left my local grocery store chain , i shop at the "ghetto" one in the poor section of my town, because its the closet to my home,and im trying to save on gas but im not on fs.   i walk in and the entire front section of the store is filled with rows of carts filled with food that has to be returned, because people had made it to the register before they realized EBT was down, at this particular store 95 percent of people pay by EBT. the store was desterted on a saturday afternoon because by this time they had put a sign in the entrance stating EBT was down and they were also announcing it on the loud speaker every five minutes, so people were walking out as soon as they got in.

as i was leaving with my five year old (i paid by debit and dont carry cash)  i see a woman dragging a crying, hysterical little girl out of the store saying we can't get anything! but the girl kept crying and screaming "no we can't leave, im HUNGRY!"  i looked in my wallet and gave the mom the last 8 bucks i had in my purse so they could at least get something to eat for tonight.

EDIT HOLY MACKAREL havent been back to the post since about 4 pm last saturday! its 6 pm on monday, so forgive me if anyone asked a question that i havent answered  ive been been busy and not on CM

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piratehooker
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Is this true?
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM
17 moms liked this
I feel bad for the truly needy but not the lazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM
2 moms liked this

So on the 12th of the month this mom is out of food? Really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
17 moms liked this
You did I great deed. I hope the system is fixed soon.
cshepard
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
That's sad about the little girl. I saw a sign at our gas station saying ebt was down, I just thought it was at that one place not all over.
Mama07Shorty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully they can get the glitch fixed soon I feel for the ppl that really need it
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Its up in mn
Anonymous

I had to have my store put $500 worth of special formula my tube fed kid gets because my WIC wouldn't work. I have one can left at home and NO other options to feed my child. Im hoping its not down for a long amount of time.

oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's really sad! =( I hope they get things working again soon!

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Ebt doesn't work

Quoting Anonymous:

So on the 12th of the month this mom is out of food? Really?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)