Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NO FOODSTAMPS FOR OHIOANS TODAY!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 74 Replies

http://on.wkyc.com/160QDGx

My friend just called me and told that none of the people that live in Ohio that have foodstamps can use their cards. Thank god I get mine on the 1st of every month. I had planned on going to store today to get more milk and eggs, but thank god I went to the store and stocked up on meat and veggies already.

I was on facebook and there were people that were pissed that they could not buy their RED BULL or other energy drinks. And yes, here in the state of Ohio you buy Red Bull with your foodstamps. Which I think is dumb ass fuck to buy Red Bull with your FS. I like red bull, but it's just not that serious. I have even been asked by cashiers if I wanted to put the red bulls on my stamp card, I looked at her like she was nuts. This is a time that i am glad I do not work in a gas station or grocery store. BITCHES BE CRAZY ABOUT NOT HAVING THEIR FOODSTAMPS..LOL They may not understand why it doesn't work and take it out on the cashier. I am waiting to read stories of fights breaking out in stores because of this and people being arresting for stealing food to feed their families.

I just feel bad for those people that DO NOT abuse them and today was their card load day and they have no food. Right now there is a child that is hungry because the cards do not work.  My family could have very well been in that situation very easily. I just got a letter yesterday tellimg me FS were being cut from $367 down to $347. I am so glad they didn't cut them too much.

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM

It's not just Ohio.. It's every state as far as I understand...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I've never bought redbull or anything like that on FS.

OHIOmommy330
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Yes, I see that now. I have seen 6 other states that their machines were down too.

Quoting Anonymous:

anonym00se
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's too bad for those that are needing to buy food today. Hopefully it gets fixed for them soon.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I hate to be harsh, but maybe this will be a wake up call to those who simply believe the government will always be there to take care of them.

MaskedMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Im in ohio, glad im not on foodstamps!
DirtyPrincess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:32 PM
It works in Missouri. I work in a gas station and customers have been using their food stamps all day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I don't have issues with food stamps, but I do think that there are some people who abuse them. For those people, today is a good wake up call about taking some personal responsibility.

Liastele
by Lauren on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM

IL too. We went to the store today and the store was plastered with notices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting macbudsmom:

I hate to be harsh, but maybe this will be a wake up call to those who simply believe the government will always be there to take care of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)