Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you put tape over the little camera on your laptop or tablet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I looked something up on my Mom's laptop today, and noticed there was a little piece of tape over the camera lens...When I asked why she said " Because hackers can just hack your camera and watch you get dressed, so can the government"

Granted, I don't know why the government or a hacker would want to spy on a senior citizen getting dressed...but she worries.

Do you?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (101-107):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM

me too!

Quoting Anonymous:

I put a piece of paper over it when i noticed in the corner of my screen a microphone symbol popping up.  I got paranoid with it  LOL.

Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I do. Hackers can easily start your webcam and watch you.
copperked
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I've been seeing some news stories about what your mom is talking about. It really can happen, its just not very likely. But my laptop does not have a webcam included and I never leave my USB one attached when I'm not using it. I also cut off power to my computer when I'm not using it. I have an ex who was very techy and I know he could access my computer remotely so I do everything possible to prevent him from doing it again.
fairyjester
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

well being my lap top is closed  when i am not on it nobidy will see me doing anything.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Wow I never thought about this, but it is amazing how many people have/do this lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:41 AM
No I am not a paranoid individual.
LectioDivina
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Wow I never thought about this, but it is amazing how many people have/do this lol

Lol me too, I thought she was crazy...But maybe this is a normal thing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)