Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you put tape over the little camera on your laptop or tablet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I looked something up on my Mom's laptop today, and noticed there was a little piece of tape over the camera lens...When I asked why she said " Because hackers can just hack your camera and watch you get dressed, so can the government"

Granted, I don't know why the government or a hacker would want to spy on a senior citizen getting dressed...but she worries.

Do you?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM

no because I honestly dont care if they want to look at my face or my wall. Lmao.

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

if someone wants to look at me while i'm staring at the computer occasionally giggling or making a wtf face, go right ahead

babycakesaz
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Lol on my ipad all they would see is my face. But now I'm creeped out by it lol. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yep. Ever since I saw an episode on criminal minds where that happened.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

No.  The laptop is almost always on the dining room table, so all they'd see is my dusty hutch.

militlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM

A bright green light goes on when my camera is on. I am pretty sure I would notice that. My computer is only on when I am actually working on it anyways. If someone wanted to stare at me working on my computer they just have to deal with no make up and my hair not being styled. lol

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
No, if you really want to see me naked lol
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
No but I will now 0_o
LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
If someone wants to hack in to watch me naked they are punished enough by seeing me naked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newfie_Mom
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend did that to me as a joke. He hacked my computer and made it go bezerk. The disk tray was shooting out my disk then pulling it back in. My music suddenly came on. And he was messing with the volume. My pictures were flashing all over the screen. I was flipping out until I noticed my web can was on. And when I pulled it up he was laughing so had he had tears rolling down his face and was waving at me.

But as a whole no I don't put anything over it. The only one who would hack my anything is my jokester friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN