Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you put tape over the little camera on your laptop or tablet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I looked something up on my Mom's laptop today, and noticed there was a little piece of tape over the camera lens...When I asked why she said " Because hackers can just hack your camera and watch you get dressed, so can the government"

Granted, I don't know why the government or a hacker would want to spy on a senior citizen getting dressed...but she worries.

Do you?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM
nope
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

No, its their bad luck if they get to watch me run around naked - they see what they deserve to see lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM
No if I'm not on it it is closed. If someone wants to hack into my camera and watch me laughing or see my kidos studying that's on them but that is all they will see.
wixychixy
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I did when I had my laptop.  I ended up getting a desktop and putting my laptop to use only for backup.  I have severe anxiety and can't even hang pictures of people on the wall.  It feels like they're watching me.  I had a bad experience with a picture in my great-great-grandma's house.  Everyone that saw that picture said it felt like the eyes followed them around.  After that I was always paranoid of pictures watching me.

BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM
No. I do turn the kinect to face the wall when its not being used.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Absolutely!

There were hackers who got into a baby monitor and was saying terrible things to the baby before the parents caught it.  And yes, the government, and any other hacking pro, can get in there, record you dressing, record your family, record what is in your home...Even the game consoles can do that.

And the government WILL and DO.  They listen and watch for anyone who may be against what the direction the government is heading.  They monitor.  And when they have what they need implimented, they will know who to go after to silence or make a point.

Don't laugh.  It's already happening.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

YES!! 

My daughters bio father once showed me that he COULD indeed use a camera on someones lap top to spy on them. (he is one of those super geniuses) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
My laptop is such a dinosaur it has no webcam.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Nope. My camera isn't even enabled. If they want to see my flab and stretch marks, they're welcome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN