Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you put tape over the little camera on your laptop or tablet?

Posted by   + Show Post

I looked something up on my Mom's laptop today, and noticed there was a little piece of tape over the camera lens...When I asked why she said " Because hackers can just hack your camera and watch you get dressed, so can the government"

Granted, I don't know why the government or a hacker would want to spy on a senior citizen getting dressed...but she worries.

Do you?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You're kidding me, right?

Why not just tin foil over it and call a spade a spade......

rockgal81
by Steph on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I put a bandaid over mine lol Ever since I read the story about the guy hacking into the webcam and talking to the toddler, I get freaked out! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I'm curious as to whether the shutdown affected those who are employed to monitor such devices? What do you think?

Quoting Anonymous:

Absolutely!

There were hackers who got into a baby monitor and was saying terrible things to the baby before the parents caught it.  And yes, the government, and any other hacking pro, can get in there, record you dressing, record your family, record what is in your home...Even the game consoles can do that.

And the government WILL and DO.  They listen and watch for anyone who may be against what the direction the government is heading.  They monitor.  And when they have what they need implimented, they will know who to go after to silence or make a point.

Don't laugh.  It's already happening.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM

No, that hasn't crossed my mind. That's a little paranoid.

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

no, i don't

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I do. Silly or not it makes me feel better LOL
rosie211
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

For those saying it is bs and not possible, do some research. It is possible and happens all the time. Scary!

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I have a hello kitty bandaid on mine, not ised of course. I don't like getting dressed in front my poster either.
jes_eli_0710
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

No. But now I think Im about to do this. I never get dressed infront of my laptop though. What the...

Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Well she worries for good reason because all of that is fact. My laptop doesn't have a camera though. If it did I might.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)