Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will I legally have to pay for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I was leaving the grocery store today and put my cart back in the corral thingy. I admit, I was carrying my wiggly, whining 2yo so I didn't pay any attention after I put it back. I hear a man yell "Ma'am, your cart!" so I turn around as the cart is rolling toward this guy's truck. He just stood there and watched it as I tried to stop it, but unfortunately, it hit the truck. It left a scratch about the length of my pinky finger.

Sooo, guy is standing there cussing at me and I didn't know what to do so I just gave him my insurance info and phone number. I don't even know if my insurance will cover that, but if not, am I legally responsible for paying?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM
No he could've stopped it. He chose to watch it hit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heisenberg
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM

It's an accident. His insurance will have to cover it.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Nope you are not responsible.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
He stood there like an idiot, watching a cart hit his truck.

Accidents happen, I doubt you're really at fault. It's not like you intentionally rammed his stupid truck with the cart.
Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I really have no idea. If he watched it hit and didn't stop it but could of it is on him. Well good luck.
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

No it was on private property most likely

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Yes. You were supposed to be in control of the cart. Legally you will have to pay if he asks you to.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Nope. You didn't PUSH it towards his car. It rolled out of the corral, and he SAW it. He watched like an idiot. Oh well. He can call insurance.

cherylw993
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I think you are responsible. Call you insurance company.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I wanted to ask him why the hell he didn't stop it. I mean, he was right there and had enough time to notice and yell for me. Unfortunately, I'm that horrible kind of woman that cries when I'm upset and it was already enough being cussed at with my crying kid clinging to me.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

He stood there like an idiot, watching a cart hit his truck.

Accidents happen, I doubt you're really at fault. It's not like you intentionally rammed his stupid truck with the cart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)