Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Starting to NOT Want a Baby Shower

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

My mom is throwing my babyshower, but she asked me to plan for it since I have more time than she does. So now I have it all planned, invites have been designed, printed and sent, and she just let me know that she bought everything.

Why did she want me to plan the decor if she doesn't care what I have planned? All I've gotten is negative comments about where I wanted it, who I wanted there, she was even mad I didn't invite her friends. 

I regret telling a friend of mine my mom was doing this. I should have told my mom no instead.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM

You cuold let one of your friends keep it at their house using all of what you got. I bought everything myself and only got what was on sale $10 blankets it was a waste for me. but,I was happy with my stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I don't even know what all she's gotten. I'll find out some time in the coming week. I'll go from there. I guess I'll buy the other stuff/exchange some. It'll be myself and a friend decorating anyway. Just there's no way she bought what I had in mind since I didn't share any of my ideas with her aside from one picture from Pinterest. This baby shower deal has been such a hassle because she wanted me to plan it (so I've spent plenty of my time doing just that) and she takes none of it into consideration, all while bitching about everything I HAVE done regarding the damn thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You cuold let one of your friends keep it at their house using all of what you got. I bought everything myself and only got what was on sale $10 blankets it was a waste for me. but,I was happy with my stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

She was so wrong to do that and at this point it is upsetting. try not  to stress over it. let go of what you can't control and try to make some good out of what you have left. don't bank on the shower bring in all you asked for. times are hard for so many. a family friend had two  people show up to her party. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what all she's gotten. I'll find out some time in the coming week. I'll go from there. I guess I'll buy the other stuff/exchange some. It'll be myself and a friend decorating anyway. Just there's no way she bought what I had in mind since I didn't share any of my ideas with her aside from one picture from Pinterest. This baby shower deal has been such a hassle because she wanted me to plan it (so I've spent plenty of my time doing just that) and she takes none of it into consideration, all while bitching about everything I HAVE done regarding the damn thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)