Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Great........ Another FREAKIN' UTI!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 43 Replies
So I'm at work today and I started to have symptoms of a UTI. I was really hoping it wasn't one but for sure it is!!! GRRR! Well to make a long story short I just had a kidney stone and went to the ER on tuesday. Blah blah they eventually used a catheter and I think thats the reason why I now have a stupid UTI! I'm not a doc. Or anything so that's my theory. And to add to it I don't have health insurance (long story) so I don't want to back to the ER for a non emergency situation nor want to pay 300 or more to go to a Urgent Care.

So have any one of you ladies ever tried home remedies? I searched online and I found out baking soda, Echinacea, and more things can help. So I bought some uristat, Echinacea pills, and baking soda. Just took the uristat, and the Echinacea, and adding baking soda to my water as I type lol. Really really hate these things!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to know how to prevent because I already know about every single prevention tips. I JUST WANT TO CURE IT!!!! FAST!!!!

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdVitam
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM
....eww.
Delightfully907
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Cranberry pill or juice.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM
No. I get them constantly, to where I see a urologist and nephrologist now because of it. I was getting 20+ antibiotics a year for them and finally quit

There's no way to treat an infection without an antibiotic. Cranberry juice is good for prevention, but once you have an infection with symptoms, generally speaking it means the bad bacteria have won the battle and your urethra is crawling with bugs.. usuly e.coli.

I have nothing besides antibiotics, so bump.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I'd find out the cause for your stone...I have chronic kidney stones and get a UTI every time I pass one :/

I haven't figured out any natural remedies yet...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
You need antibiotics.

Is there a CVS or Wagreens clinic near you? It runs about $75, but it's much cheaper than urgent care. Some if the antibiotics are fairly cheap as well. Just tell them you need something you can get generic. Keflex is generally good for UTI's and the rx runs about $10-15 here. I actually take it daily to prevent UTI's, been on it for just over a year now. 😞 Haven't had a single UTI since starting it though!
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Cranberry juice. I drink it all the time.  I am prone to UTIs due to my kidney disease. 

momofpreemieboy
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I always use cranberry apple juice and it works for me. I drink it as soon as I feel the first symptoms.
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Almost everytime I pass a stone I get one. I keep cranberry juice around for when I start with a stone.
Erica705
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
When I've had them, I take an OTC anti-inflammatory, drink a ton of water and some unsweetened(ugh) cranberry juice. Shower, don't take a bath. Also drink as much water as possible.
TidewaterClan
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Concentrated cranberry pills do wonders within a day or two. Yogurt also helps, but the pills (I found them at the health food store) are fantastic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN