Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LITTLE GIRLS & PUBERTY

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • love you signGOOD-EVENING LADIES!!
  • So my dd just turned 8yrs old in August. DD started developing @ the age of 5. It was just before the holidays. I was cleaning our apartment & my dd asked me to help her take her shirt off. (Lexzi was getting ready for bed) Her shirt stunk. That isn't right I thought but then again I was cleaning so I had the smell of bleach & other cleaners in my nose so I wasn't sure. My bf @ the time was willing to check her shirt. She laughed @ me & said make sure after she has her bath to let her use my deodorant until I can get her her own.
  • Time passes & we were right OMG ONLY 5yrs old & ALREADY DEVELOPING. WOW!! She started using deoderant & hasn't had stinky pits since LOL!!
  • Okay soooo more time passes (she's ONLY in kindergarten @ the time) half way through the school yr low & behold as Lexzi calls them (NO WAY- TOO SOON- NOT HAPPENING) her lemons (all excited, the first one in her class) she has Started developing breasts & by the time summer rolls around needs her training bras @ least that's what they were called when I was a kid. (They NO LONGER call them training bras)
  • Okay so we're doing alright (6yrs old) so time passes by & everything is still quite (7yrs old) August rolls around & Lexzi has her 8th birthday, September comes & goes. All is quite! October is here & everything is still quite. I decide all is GOOD @ least until she turns 9yrs. OH BOY DID I SOOO STICK MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH!! Sooo Thursday 10-10-13 rolls around & GUESS WHO STARTED HER PERIOD   

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cr0chet-momma
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM
My now 7yo dd started developing when she was 6. Her doctor isnt worried because of our family history of starting puberty early. I had my period at 9. Just take her to the doctor just to make sure everything is working right.
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I could not imagine! My dd is 6 and has nothing like that. Thank goodness!

0Kit0
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Damn.

Best of luck.

Btw, what do they call training bras now?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Quoting vetNmommy:

I could not imagine! My dd is 6 and has nothing like that. Thank goodness!

lga1965
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Oh my goodness ! We all got periods at age 14ยท15. I didn't need a bra until age 13. All the women in our family were skinny too. I think weight determines when you begin.puberty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

we are late developers here, thank pugs. I would really freak if my little girls were becoming little ladies so young.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter started sprouting some pubes at the age of 9.  I think its stuff in the food and water.  

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I do not understand how people can just be so casual about this. We are talking about six, seven, eight year olds developing breasts and starting their periods!!! There is NOTHING normal about this. The onset of puberty is the onset of ADULTHOOD, growing up, being able to bear children, having sexual feelings,  It is not okay that kindergarteners are starting their periods, before they even have their permanent teeth. You can't tell me that developing adult bodies only a few years after birth will not have any physical affect on them, on their physical and mental development?  Why aren't people raging to know what can be done to stop this from happening? If it's growth hormone in the milk, then use of the hormone needs to be banned. This is not natural, it is not normal, it is not okay. Yet post after post here talk about five and six year olds starting periods and developing breasts like it's the most natural thing in the world.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

That's really young.  If my daughter had started showing signs of puberty in Kindergarten I would have her butt in the Dr.s office to get it stopped.

susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Quoting cr0chet-momma:

My now 7yo dd started developing when she was 6. Her doctor isnt worried because of our family history of starting puberty early. I had my period at 9. Just take her to the doctor just to make sure everything is working right.

Starting puberty at 9 is one thing, though very very early.  Starting at 6 is something else, and is in no way natural. It is not "working right." Your doctor sounds like an idiot if he thinks it IS natural and normal to start puberty at six freaking years old, and you too, if you believe it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured