Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So many children are going hungry tonight..

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 470 Replies
2 moms liked this

They completely cut off food stamps here where I live. Even those who got their money this month can not even use their cards. I saw it at my local Walmart no more than 15 minutes ago. It was eerily quite and their were at least 50-60 carts lined up full of food that people who were using PA had to leave. It was painful to see. Each cart represents a chid who possibly could go without food tonight. 

Though I was hoping the shutdown would last a month, I NEVER thought they would invalidated funds already given out. I was hoping people would at least be given the option of budgeting as tight as they could so their benefits could last a month or two. To just rob people of money they were already given seems so cruel and a complete injustice. Especially to those who were trying to budget and save as much as they could.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Up and running in Ohio now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
18 moms liked this

Holy crap.  It has nothing to do with the shutdown.

our.love.story
4 moms liked this
I don't think it's the shutdown...there was a glitch in like 15 or 17 states.
our.love.story
1 mom liked this
16 or 17 states, sorry.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
6 moms liked this

Its just a computer glitch.........

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I heard that. I didn't check our local stores. But I also said a quick prayer for them. It hurts knowing someone somewhere is without tonight bc of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
44 moms liked this

Way to be dramatic. 

If there is anyone going hungry tonight, it's because of their irresponsible parents.  Smh at the stupidity.

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
8 moms liked this
Folks had the chance to budget from the first day they got the shit,
Newfie_Mom
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
4 moms liked this
I made a post about this hours ago and crickets is all it has seen. :/ mine was more about WIC. They are closing the doors on our local office on the 15th. WIC only covers pregnant or breastfeeding women and children under five. Seriously? Come on now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)