Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He threw a bible at my head.....Update- Including timeline

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 257 Replies

I just moved to a new neighborhood last week and I am a Muslim. I walked out the door wearing a hijab, a long tunic top, jeans, and a pair of flats. I was walking down the side walk when a man came out his door. I waved and said hi as he approached me I thought he wanted to say hi and meet the new neighbor. He just looked at me and said you need to find god. I looked strangely at him and said I already have but thank for the concern. He then said no you need to find the right god. I just started to walk away confused and he said don't walk away from me I am trying to save your life. He then proceeded to reach in his pocket and throw one of those tiny little orange Gideon (sp??) bibles at me. It hit me in the back of the head. I did not say a word turned around went back to my house got in my car and went to the police station. I pressed assault charges on him. I know nothings probably going to come of it, it was a tiny little bible but the police said they want to push for a hate crime. Opinions do you think he deserves to be charge with a hate crime for this? I mean it was wrong but that could mean a lot of jail time and ruining his life? I understand what he did was wrong and was I very mad but I don't want to ruin his life over this. He did not physical harm me. Oh and I moved to Tennessee from California so this was kind of a shock...

UPDATE: they did not push it as a hate crime although the judge said they could but the decided to just go ahead with just the assault charges as of right now they had me and the old lady who saw it sign a written statement and he is agreeing to just go with a plea bargin the state offered him instead of taking this case to court. He is getting 15 days in jail 2 months probation and 2 months community service. He also has to pay the court fees and I am going to file for a restraining order Monday.

Timeline I did not get onlline and post immediately what happened  because I did not have internet set up at the new house yet! Wednesday (not this past wed. 2 weeks ago) was when this happened on Saturday (this past saturday) they put him in front of majestry and he asked if the guy wanted to take this to court. He said he did not he then told him what he thought the punishment for this should be then the state agreed and he agreed/pleaded guilty. Then my lawyer called Sunday evening and told me what happened.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't think it rises to the level of a hate crime because you got touched by a tiny bible. If people get murdered over hate and never get charged for a hate crime, this would just be outrageous. A small fine for being a douche if anyone else can lay claim to what happened for you. 

JealousGrrl
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM
3 moms liked this
That's messed up...Whatever he gets he deserves. I do not believe in religion, but that kind of behavior is inexcusable. Do what you think is right.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM
26 moms liked this

You got bible thumped.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

You got bible thumped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats what I thought he took that saying to heart lol

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

You got bible thumped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry this just sounds all made up for the hate drama on here, Im moving on to the next post.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this
thats awful. yes its a hate crime. period point blank. im sorry im not even religious and i would be mad as all get out. this is just insane to me. idk if i would try and gt him jail time though...or at least not extended jail time. i think they should make him say sorry and take a class on tolerence. this just baffles me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this
She didn't just get touched by a bible. He threw it at her head. Would your response be any different if it was a rock or a stick?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I don't think it rises to the level of a hate crime because you got touched by a tiny bible. If people get murdered over hate and never get charged for a hate crime, this would just be outrageous. A small fine for being a douche if anyone else can lay claim to what happened for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM
10 moms liked this
It doesn't matter how much it hurt or didn't hurt you. It *was* a hate crime. It was rude and disrespectful and completely out of line. I would let the police run it the way they think best. Letting him get away with it just sends the message that you can hate as long as you don't take it too far. Not good enough. It's never okay to act that way to another human being.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Its out of my hands now I pressed the assaulte charges but the state decides if they want to push it threw s a hate crime or not.

Quoting JealousGrrl:

That's messed up...Whatever he gets he deserves. I do not believe in religion, but that kind of behavior is inexcusable. Do what you think is right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN