Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a Catholic Saint

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Or at least my mom thinks I should be.

My mom is in this weird state of denial where she can't possibly believe that I'm not a virgin (even though I've been married for 5 years).  I told her that I'm pregnant about 5 months ago, and she flipped her shit, saying it's a miracle, that Jesus was coming back though my loins, and that I should be revered as holy as the virgin Mary.  (I'm not even Christian!)  My dh and I have been trying to get it through her head that I'm not a virgin, and I've even gone as far as to show her my detailed ob records, but she thinks I somehow paid my ob off to put that information into my records so she won't make a big deal about my "immaculate conception".  I'm seriously considering having her evaluated by a psychologist.

Any advice?

ETA:  If I don't answer your replies right away, please don't write me off as a troll.  It's late, and I have work in the morning.  I promise I will respond to you as soon as I can!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM
She needs help. Seriously.
amyrebecca1853
by Amy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM
She needs some therapy.
susannah2000
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Yes. Have her evaluated by a psychologist. But, can a person have another person evaluated with or without their consent?

kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Is your mom like the mom on the movie Carrie?

amandae21
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Tell her she's a heretic and a blasphemer. That might wake her up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM

That's what's so upsetting... I don't think I CAN have her evaluated against her will unless she presents herself as a threat to others or herself.  Ugh.

Quoting susannah2000:

Yes. Have her evaluated by a psychologist. But, can a person have another person evaluated with or without their consent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Just bless her with holy water.......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM

LOL. This has to be a troll post. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Immaculate conception refers to Mary's conception without sin, not the conception of Jesus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)