Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stupid questions S/O

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
It is not okay to ask a women with one child if she wants another baby. Maybe she does. Maybe she doesn't. Maybe she has had 4 miscarriages and went through so much to have that one precious baby. Maybe she can't have anymore. Think before you ask that question.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinybluemoon
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Do you honestly think people care? Most of the time people ask this they are just being polite, awnser yes or no and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:11 AM
That is the problem. People don't care. Even asking that small question can trigger a whole bunch of emotions to someone that would love another and can't. The women already feels like she isn't a women. Why ask and take the chance to trigger someone. They shouldn't have to say yes or no.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Do you honestly think people care? Most of the time people ask this they are just being polite, awnser yes or no and move on.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM
5 moms liked this

Since when did it become not okay to ask a person a question?  Have we really become such a nation of p***ies that we can't answer a question?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM
It bothers me too. Then when I say no one is all I want. They come back with oh but you need one more.. Um. How do you know what I need..
tinybluemoon
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

But it's like being asked the about the weather; you can stomp your feet about it not being sunny but the person doesn't care because they generally don't care about your awnser which they will forget 10 minutes after they asked and they will ask the question again next time you meet, such are the rules of politeness.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is the problem. People don't care. Even asking that small question can trigger a whole bunch of emotions to someone that would love another and can't. The women already feels like she isn't a women. Why ask and take the chance to trigger someone. They shouldn't have to say yes or no.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I would never say that a women who has put their body through hell to have a baby is a pussy. It's like asking them to relive in their head what they went through. Having miscarriage after miscarriage. Delivering a baby at 4 months pregnant because your body can't handle it. Then finally being able after years to carry and give birth to a healthy baby. Then have someone come up and act like that one baby isn't good enough. Like you need to have more. It is rude.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Since when did it become not okay to ask a person a question?  Have we really become such a nation of p***ies that we can't answer a question?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM
To be polite would be asking how your one child is doing. Not when are you going to have another. Makes it sound like the one isn't important.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

But it's like being asked the about the weather; you can stomp your feet about it not being sunny but the person doesn't care because they generally don't care about your awnser which they will forget 10 minutes after they asked and they will ask the question again next time you meet, such are the rules of politeness.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:23 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree. Take a breath and grow up. It's not a rude question. I suppose people shouldn't ask how your day was either, because for all they know it's the anniversary of your cat, cuddles untimely demise.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Since when did it become not okay to ask a person a question?  Have we really become such a nation of p***ies that we can't answer a question?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Life is hard, get a therapist if you can't deal!
Quoting Anonymous:

I would never say that a women who has put their body through hell to have a baby is a pussy. It's like asking them to relive in their head what they went through. Having miscarriage after miscarriage. Delivering a baby at 4 months pregnant because your body can't handle it. Then finally being able after years to carry and give birth to a healthy baby. Then have someone come up and act like that one baby isn't good enough. Like you need to have more. It is rude.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Since when did it become not okay to ask a person a question?  Have we really become such a nation of p***ies that we can't answer a question?
tinybluemoon
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM

True, and I personally do not ask it, but I recognise it for what it is - polite, and perhaps thoughtless, small talk.

Quoting Anonymous:

To be polite would be asking how your one child is doing. Not when are you going to have another. Makes it sound like the one isn't important.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)