Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soy milk vs. soy formula for 14m old ETA

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Thank you all for replying

Hi

DD 14m is allergic to dairy, so she was on alimentum till she turned one. At her one month check up, her ped said we should stop the alimentum (or any formula for that matter) and try soy milk. (She cannot have any nut milk as she's allergic to it.)

So we gave silk soy milk for a month and she did fine on it. The other day I saw similac soy go and grow formula for  9-24 months in the store. The question is, whether I should be giving her the regular soy milk or the soy go and grow formula.

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

We avoid all soy products so I don't really know anything about them, here's a BUMP!

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless you're worried about her getting enough nutrients from regular food, soy milk should be fine. Two of my kids went straight from formula to soy milk at a year and did fine.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I'd go with soy milk if those were my choices.
mikesmom65270
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Our youngest DS is lactose intolerant and went from soy formula to soy milk with no problems.  

Mom2RSD
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
If she's been fine on the soymilk I'd stick with the soymilk
Maddie303
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Thank you

Maddie303
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Thank you

Quoting Mom2RSD:

If she's been fine on the soymilk I'd stick with the soymilk

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM

my friend whose son is allergic to dairy (he's now 20 months) switched to almond milk at age 1. I don't see any reason for formula after a year.

stacey541
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Watch for constipation though. My best friends little guy has a milk protein allergy. Soy milk was fine for a while then he got severe (very painful too) constipation from it. He can't have much soy at all now without it binding him up.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I had to wean at 10 months because of doc putting me on meds...   my son is dairy sensative, and I tried one can of soy, then switched to almond milk.   He was close enough to a year.   I just make sure he gets healthy fats in healthy meats, fish, avacado, eggs, etc...

Quoting Anonymous:

my friend whose son is allergic to dairy (he's now 20 months) switched to almond milk at age 1. I don't see any reason for formula after a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured