Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me with my marquise engagement ring!!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 32 Replies
I was thinking of taking my moms old engagement ring, just the diamond because her band is damaged and getting a new setting for it.

She has a marquise diamond, ive always thought of a princess or round cut so im not positive if i like this cut. I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a marquise cut or know someone that does and would like to share a pic of it for me so I can see the different styles/setting for a marquise cut.

Also does anyone have a sideways marquise ?! I just seen a pic of this and they look interesting!!

Thanks for your help!
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedAgain3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Even though marquise wasn't my first pick I really like the idea of having the ring passed down from my mom. It would be special and meaningful to me. Se doesn't have a lot to give, so her being able to do this means a lot
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I had a marquise cut engagement ring. It was my center diamond and then I had two process cut diamonds on either side 5 total diamond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have a marquise diamond, so I took to Google!  

Here is a sideways one:

Another sideways FANCY one

Intricate band detailing can highlight a good diamond:

Not sure how large your Mom's diamond is, but you could opt for simple elegance:

And those were the interesting ones I saw.

Good luck!

BlessedAgain3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Can I see a pic

Quoting mommyof11050307:

I had a marquise cut engagement ring. It was my center diamond and then I had two process cut diamonds on either side 5 total diamond.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a marquise. Just be mindful that it can be sharp and it can be hard to reach into pockets with a stone like that.

BlessedAgain3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Wanna share a pic of it?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a marquise. Just be mindful that it can be sharp and it can be hard to reach into pockets with a stone like that.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I have a marquise cut. It's not sideways though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I'm not wearing it right now, it's actually getting plated. I have white gold for mine because I look terrible in yellow gold.

However, this is what it looks like. Those two points can be very sharp and I have a higher setting that this and it can sometimes get stuck on things. I love it and have learned to manage it just fine. 

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Wanna share a pic of it?

Quoting Anonymous:

BlessedAgain3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Any pics??

Quoting nancym3:

I have a marquise cut. It's not sideways though.

BlessedAgain3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I know it's not a very popular cut right now so I like that their wouldn't be a lot of people with the same cut as me.mplus with us getting a new setting it would still be like we're creating/designing our own

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not wearing it right now, it's actually getting plated. I have white gold for mine because I look terrible in yellow gold.

However, this is what it looks like. Those two points can be very sharp and I have a higher setting that this and it can sometimes get stuck on things. I love it and have learned to manage it just fine. 

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Wanna share a pic of it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)