Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in "mommy instincts"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Before I got pregnant, I used to have dreams about going into labor early, or delivering a tiny (but healthy) baby. Now I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant, due December 6th.

My whole pregnancy I've just had this gut feeling that my daughter was going to come at 37 or 38 weeks, maybe a Thanksgiving baby! I thought it was just me, but the other day hubby looks at me and goes "I don't think you're going to make it all the way to your due date. I think she's going to come a couple weeks early."

This is my first baby, so I have no idea what to expect! Did you think the same thing about your pregnancy and you were right? Do you believe in the mommy instinct? Curious to know!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I have great personal instincts, but I've found that they don't really translate to my son. The "instincts" I have regarding him came later, and they came from knowing his guts, more than anything else.

cricketdawn81
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Yes I do.
BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I believe in instinct in general.. so yes I think this would apply.
cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I believe in my instincts in general. I KNEW without a doubt that my first born would be a boy, even before I got pregnant. Don't know HOW I knew, but I was right. I trust my gut.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Yep I sure do. Doc told me i was having a boy. I knew I was having a girl. I argued with people over it. Guess what I had a girl.
WinterIsComing
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yes I do. They go deep as well.

GwenGray
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes I do. My grandma called me a week before I had both my boys telling me the exact day I would have them. She was right on the money with both of them. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Dreams can't really predict anything.
They can make you feel a strong emotion though. Have you ever had a dream where you liked someone and then when you saw them you had those same feelings? Most likely a similar thing.
I do believe you can dream that you are pregnant and it come try because your body knows before the mind. I suppose labour could be similar but that's not really how dreams work.
I believe in instincts in other ways though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Same! I always birthed a girl in my dream, and I just knew she was a girl! I'm also big into instincts. The reason I ask this is because I was telling a family member this, and she said she felt like her son would come early too but ended up being induced at 42 weeks!

Quoting cali_gurl:

I believe in my instincts in general. I KNEW without a doubt that my first born would be a boy, even before I got pregnant. Don't know HOW I knew, but I was right. I trust my gut.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Yes I do believe. When I was pregnant with my last child, I had a very strong feeling I was going to have a csection and I did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)