Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids from the "other side of town" trick or treating in my neighborhood...EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 235 Replies

Anyone else have this going on?  I noticed last year that there were like 300 trick or treaters...there's only like 50 kids in my neighborhood, when I asked where all the kids came from I was told the "other side of town" if you get my drift.  Apparently, we have better candy over here, the only problem is that I ran out too fast, and a lot of my neighbors kids didn't get any from me.  Should I have just told the "others" I was out to save for the kids I knew should have been there?  Trying to figure out what to do for this year!

LMFAO! And the award goes to Rachael-Dawn for being the first to call troll on this post!  In a possible CM first, I am outting myself out as a troll!!!  I just wanted to see where you ladies' hearts are, and boy did I get a variety of bigotry, classism, and separatist ideology this is partially the reason why this country is crashing in flames as it is!  Never will I make separate bags for certain kids, when it's gone it's gone! Either way, some of you ladies rock!!! Thank you guys for proving my point, we need to do better, that is all!

In case it wasn't clear, I give candy to the masses!!!  And I love it!!!

These were some of my favs (you go girls!):

Are you for real? There's no damn law where people can or can't go trick-or-treating. At least that I know of. This country is getting so f------- up now, that maybe there is and I don't know it! 

maybe you should ask for proof of address before treating them?  then, if they don't live in your subdivision, turn the dogs on them.

Buy more candy, don't be an ass.

So take your kids to tge "other side of town" they probably have candy to spare since all the kids are by your house

You can't just put out a sign saying "need proof of address before receiving fun size hershey's bar"
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

BUMP!

emmypaige
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I'm not sure we just moved here. I guess I would buy* as much candy as I could, and hand it out to whoever gets there in time to have any.
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Buy.cheap candy and make goodie bags for your neighborhood kids.
stacey541
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
30 moms liked this
I didn't know you were required to stay in your neighborhood while trick or treating....you seem a little uptight to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Buy more candy! Seriously! Wtf
It shouldn't matter!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Oh goodie. I was waiting for these posts! I thoight cafemom forgot to do the traditional holiday posts!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't be serious!

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
What? Why? There are no rules saying you can't go to other neighborhoods. Just buy the usual and when it's gone, it's gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be horrible of you.

Simply buy more candy.

We have the same issue....  Everyone I know simply buys more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I think you should give til it's gone. We go to other neighborhoods bc our 'neighborhood' has 3 houses. Lighten up. It's not that big of a deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)