Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why drug testing for PA is a good idea.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
2 moms liked this

Found on FB

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yes, it would work as a deterrent to those who can't test clean. And yet somehow they are capable of feeding their children. Probably means they didn't actually need it in the first place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
maybe they should check people for birth control to or even make sure people are married before they have sex. just check for all of these things and see how that works woohoo
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM
9 moms liked this

People walk away because it's $50 for the test (I've been told by a mom in FL). If they can afford the $50 for the test, then they could afford to buy food for another few days. Some simply don't have the money lying around for the testing. 

I believe FL lost a ton of money on the testing idea

the_dude
by abides on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

not always the case. love how it just says "agency" plus you need to look at the ratio of the population of UT, verses the percentage on PA, then compare that against each state.  396K isn't a lot in the scheme of things, actually only 336K

HumanBeing
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually the rest if the article raises some great questions about the accuracy of this total considering all they did was average what the people who declined may have received.

There are also excellent points of missed opportunities of helping addicts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

if i had to take a drug test to get a job. so should them take a drug test to get help..

i have also been where i need state help. i would glady give to a drug test to get the help no problem..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

lol that would knock off like 99% of all people on pa. I have seen some shitty people who continue to pop out kids they cannot afford..like seriously they rely on church donations for clothing, food stamps for food, gov housing, and refuse to try to get a job, but want more kids and feel they have the right to. I am all for people having a right to have kids but when the kid is born to only suffer, and you have no plan of making a better life..no...just no

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe they should check people for birth control to or even make sure people are married before they have sex. just check for all of these things and see how that works woohoo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

really? i thought it was costing more money to do? Most people on welfare do hard core drugs (the ones that do drugs) the drugs are out of your system within 24 hours, drug testing makes no sense all its catching is like pot and pills.

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

So how would this work in like colorado..or washington? since weed is legal there?

kayshalea
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I read that it didn't work in Florida.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)