Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Natural birth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
I'm pregnant with my first and I really want to do a natural drug-free birth. I work with a lot of moms and all of them just assume and say "Oh you'll be fine they'll give you a shot in the back and you won't feel a thing." When I do mention going drug free they'll just say good luck with that or I'll think differently. Everybody I know IRL had an epidural or a c-section so I don't really have anybody to ask.

What was your experience? How bad was the pain? Any tips at all would be helpful also!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Bump
ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I got the epi for a while but I had to have it shut off and by the time I was pushing it was mainly worn off, I have a Hugh pain tolerance though, even my contractions at 6cm weren't that bad to me
crescentstar2
by Anne on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I had both my boys at home with a midwife. it hurt but not the worst pain I've ever felt. With my second I took a shower while in labor and the hot water hitting my back and belly felt wonderful. When I got out of the shower it was time to push

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I went drug free with my first. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't fun. I guess I missed the "magic" everyone speaks of when talking about natural birth.
lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I had three with no pain meds all three with pitocin. Had to have a c section last. Honestly it sucked but recovery from a c section was horrible and I would do all three again to prevent that.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I didn't have any drugs and I didn't really think the pain was that bad. Pushing was the worst but even that was bearable.
2PROUD-MOM2
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I had both my kids naturally & would NEVER do an epidural. It hurts but the actual birth pain only lasted a couple of seconds for me both times. I refused pain medication both times. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I actually thought about a water birth, but not really a place around here that does them.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I had both my boys at home with a midwife. it hurt but not the worst pain I've ever felt. With my second I took a shower while in labor and the hot water hitting my back and belly felt wonderful. When I got out of the shower it was time to push

hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I had a homebirth with a midwife as well. It was a beautiful experience and yes, the labor pains hurt. But, it was gradual and I made my way up with the pain tolerance. I loved being in my own home with no beeping machines or nurses coming in and out pressuring me to take drugs. It lasted 16 hours and it was a great experience. If I were you, I would find a support group of other moms wanting to do the same thing. Good luck and congrats!

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I had a room full of people laugh out loud at me when I told them I was having a pain-free, drug free birth.

Guess what....I did.  Home births, No drugs, no pain - just a lot of pressure.  Like if someone told you, "Run a marathon, and then pick up this jeep (the latter is the pushing part".) EXHAUSTING.  It is WORK. 

They didn't laugh at me later.   

I am a Christian who knows that God's promises are truth. So...I just found every scripture regarding childbirth in the Bible and memorized a list of several pages and so did my husband, and we said THESE things during my deliveries and births. 

So, that's my story anyway.  But of course, in home births you do what you want, and I walked the entire time.  Lying down in a bed hooked up to things would have undoubtedly been more painful, because they choose the positions, not you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)