Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at what age did you....?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My son is 3 (9/11). For the past 2 days my son has missed his naptime due to certain events. I can tell my son still needs his naps. Normal routine is up between 6:30 to 7:30am. Naptime is from 1pm to 3 or 3:30pm. Bedtime is 8:30pm. When he misses his nap by 3 pm he become hatd to reason with, throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his way and will tell you no to everything you say. I am not considering getting rid of naptine all together. I am wondering at what age your child gave upnapping or you took it away?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Connie04
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I can't remember, but I think he was around 3.  At first, the morning nap went, then eventually the afternoon.  I always thought I would miss the naps, but I was really strict about napping, so we had to be home in time, etc. etc.  And when he no longer needed to nap, we could be out and about a lot longer, which was nice. I let him decide when he was finished with naps; I didn't take them away.

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:40 PM
From what I understand (family and friends) it varies a lot. My two youngest nieces are 6 and 7, and they still nap when they aren't in school. A friend of ours has a 4 and a 6 year old and neither of them nap. Just depends on the kid and if they need the nap.
elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM

My oldest child was 4. My middle child was 3. My youngest child was 2.

I found that birth order really impacted this. The kid who has siblings to entertain him/her is more reluctant to take a nap. :)

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I'm no help. DS just stopped napping recently he's 2, and DD stopped napping just shy of 2.
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Around 4 or 5. Even now my older kids will take an occasional nap.

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM

The first 5 somewhere in the second year. The last two, one was about 3 1/2, the youngest was a few months shy of two

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM
My daughter just turned 3, she doesn't nap consistently anymore. It started about 3 weeks ago. Sometimes she naps, sometimes she doesn't, it really just depends on the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM

My oldest was 18 months, second was almost 3 and my third 5. They all stopped on their own.

2girlsandadream
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM
My oldest is 6 and she still naps simetimes. She stopped daily naps between 3 and 4.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM

My son stopped napping right after he turned two. It was pretty early, but he just didn't need them anymore and couldn't sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)