Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't mean to, honest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I was shopping this morning with my kids. They all decided, with my permission, to push those little kid carts. Anyway, the rule was they could not hit anyone or they would have to leave the cart on the side. My six year old lost his cart first. My seven year old next. I gave my two year old two chances, due to his age, but he also had to leave his cart. He threw a fit and I calmed him while we shopped. When I set him down he went for my ten year old's cart. My ten year old wanted to be nice and tried to push his with my two year old, but it wasn't what my two year old wanted. He started to fit again, so I picked him up. He attacked me. Knocked my face so hard that my glasses bruised my nose and eye. I didn't even realize I had smacked him back until after I did it. I held him closer to me, we grabbed the last things we needed, and I realized that people saw me hit him. I can't believe I did that, either. I haven't hit my kids before. I am ashamed. My other kids were shocked and quiet the whole way home.

I have always kept a level head when my kids tantrum. I don't know what happened. He isn't my most difficult child, but he is my second most difficult. With his older siblings I should be used to tantrums by now. I wish I never had to shop there again. I embarrassed myself horribly today. I was worse than my two year old. I do not know what to think of myself today.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jammin.
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Shit happens.
Chan_Brawner88
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
You realized it was a mistake, and you feel bad. Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to figure out why you snapped, and how to prevent it.
The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

hugs It isn't right, but it happens to the best of mothers sometimes. Just reassure your 2 yo and all will be right soon.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Oh you didn't pinch him. You didn't do physical harm

But he was being a bitch.

I'm sorry, dont beat yourself up! Hugs
libramoon007
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Oh mama ...I want to give you a hug before the bashing. That was a mistake we all do it. We are not perfect. Just hang in there. Oh bashing comment was a joke to make you smile. This is cafemom after all. :)

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Your child will live, and may not hit you again.

Life goes on.
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

OMG you're human.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
At one point almost all of us have done it.
Maybe this will teach him that he can't act like that in the store.

P.S. Don't be to hard on yourself it hurt you more then it hurt him.
Britania
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Ugh, I can understand being embarrassed.  Most of us have been there before.  It's not like you do it all the time.   They just caught you in a bad parenting moment.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  Apologize to the kids and don't beat yourself up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Where did you smack him? In the face ,his hand or butt? Did he stop crying from shock? No biggie to me. Just sounds like the two year old got a smack that was meant for all three of them for misbehaving with the cart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)