Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If me and dh died...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
Our kids would be separated. We have a boy5 and a girl3. Our son would go with my grandparents. Our dd would go with my parents. His family would never see them, except his dad if he visited them at my parents. They would still get to see each other, but would not live together.

AMA.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Why?

Sweet2413
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Why would you seperate them. That would be horrible. Theh would already have to face with not seeing mommy and daddy then they would be seperated. My two would go to my parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Because my grandparents can't handle both kids. And I don't trust my parents to treat my son right. And because I know that's how each child would be happiest.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Why?

liss.n.chris
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
As if losing their parents wouldn't be traumatic enough. Why on earth would you separate your kids when they need each other the most?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Because my grandparents can't handle both kids. And I don't trust my parents to treat my son right. And because I know that's how each child would be happiest.

Quoting Sweet2413:

Why would you seperate them. That would be horrible. Theh would already have to face with not seeing mommy and daddy then they would be seperated. My two would go to my parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Quoting liss.n.chris:

As if losing their parents wouldn't be traumatic enough. Why on earth would you separate your kids when they need each other the most?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM
2 moms liked this

That is horrible. Siblings shouldn't be separated. Its going to be hard enough if they lose you two.....smdh

AND I wouldn't allow any of children to be with anyone that can't treat both children the same..........your parents suck

JamieBue38
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM
It may be better just to find someone else to take your kids. Friend? Other relative? Don't split them, that's traumatic. I always dreamed of running away with my siblings and raising them myself (when we were all minors)
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Your kids will still see eachother and have sleep overs. You know your family best and what works for them. Had I been separated from my brother I wouldn't care, I lost my parents, my brother is still alive and well and I know where he is.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

What's your favorite episode of Doctor Who?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)