Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sitting here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
With a hot compress on my armpit.
Ingrown hairs are no fun. =(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

It's THAT bad? Have you had one in your pit before?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Yup. Had one in my right one but the swelling went down on its own eventually. Just trying to get the hair to the surface so I can take care of it.

Quoting thejodigirl:

It's THAT bad? Have you had one in your pit before?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs in the Underarm

Underarm areas are particularly prone to ingrown hairs since the hair that grows there is generally dense, coarse and often curly. If you shave, wax or use other hair removal methods on your underarms, you've likely experienced ingrown hairs there at some time. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to effectively get rid of ingrown hairs on your underarms. You can also take steps to prevent getting them in the future.

Things You'll Need

• Washcloth
  • Hot water
  • Body scrub
Show (5) More

Instructions

Apply a hot compress to your ingrown hairs. Soak a washcloth in hot water and place it on the ingrown hairs for 5 to 10 minutes. This will reduce swelling and draw pus out of them.

Exfoliate your underarms twice weekly. Regular exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the surface layer of your skin, thereby releasing hairs that may be trapped under the skin's surface. Use a loofah and body scrub to exfoliate your underarms.

Apply a thin layer of acne treatment cream to your ingrown hairs. Most acne treatment creams contain benzoyl peroxide. This effective ingredient encourages skin cell regeneration, thereby helping your ingrown hairs to reach the skin's surface more quickly. It also kills bacteria, which can worsen ingrown hairs.

Rub hydrocortisone cream on your underarm's ingrown hairs. Hydrocortisone cream will reduce inflammation and irritation, helping your ingrown hairs to clear up more quickly.

Cleanse your underarms daily using an antibacterial cleanser. If bacteria gets into your pores, it can seriously exacerbate your ingrown hairs by delaying the healing process.

Use a toner or astringent on your underarms. Choose one that is designed to prevent and treat ingrown hairs. Generally, such toners contain alcohol, which kills bacteria and encourages cell turnover.

Tips & Warnings

• Do not dig into your skin to find an ingrown hair. This can lead to scarring.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_4927138_rid-ingrown-hairs-underarm.html#ixzz2hfjwYQW3

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Ouch. hope you can resolve the issue soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Google is my friend. =)
Got the hot compress. Will be putting a drawing salve on it before bed. And I use antibacterial soap. Tho I plan on exfoliating once I get rid of this one along with the other things.

Quoting Sassy762:

How to Get Rid of Ingrown Hairs in the Underarm

Underarm areas are particularly prone to ingrown hairs since the hair that grows there is generally dense, coarse and often curly. If you shave, wax or use other hair removal methods on your underarms, you've likely experienced ingrown hairs there at some time. Thankfully, there are many things you can do to effectively get rid of ingrown hairs on your underarms. You can also take steps to prevent getting them in the future.

Things You'll Need

• Washcloth
  • Hot water
  • Body scrub
Show (5) More

Instructions

Apply a hot compress to your ingrown hairs. Soak a washcloth in hot water and place it on the ingrown hairs for 5 to 10 minutes. This will reduce swelling and draw pus out of them.

Exfoliate your underarms twice weekly. Regular exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the surface layer of your skin, thereby releasing hairs that may be trapped under the skin's surface. Use a loofah and body scrub to exfoliate your underarms.

Apply a thin layer of acne treatment cream to your ingrown hairs. Most acne treatment creams contain benzoyl peroxide. This effective ingredient encourages skin cell regeneration, thereby helping your ingrown hairs to reach the skin's surface more quickly. It also kills bacteria, which can worsen ingrown hairs.

Rub hydrocortisone cream on your underarm's ingrown hairs. Hydrocortisone cream will reduce inflammation and irritation, helping your ingrown hairs to clear up more quickly.

Cleanse your underarms daily using an antibacterial cleanser. If bacteria gets into your pores, it can seriously exacerbate your ingrown hairs by delaying the healing process.

Use a toner or astringent on your underarms. Choose one that is designed to prevent and treat ingrown hairs. Generally, such toners contain alcohol, which kills bacteria and encourages cell turnover.

Tips & Warnings

• Do not dig into your skin to find an ingrown hair. This can lead to scarring.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_4927138_rid-ingrown-hairs-underarm.html#ixzz2hfjwYQW3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Tell me about it. Its so hard to keep from rubbing the area because of where it is. Im just hoping to avoid having it lanced.

Quoting bcoll:

Ouch. hope you can resolve the issue soon.

JordansGenius
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Y'all rock!

I just stepped out of the shower with this problem...

but...

...lower!

Argh!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg thats the worst! Biggest reason I dont shave down there any longer. Lol

Quoting JordansGenius:

Y'all rock!

but...

...lower!

Argh!!!

JordansGenius
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I wish!  I get itchy!

You'll never see me in makeup, though!  Nope.

washing dishes

Meh...

I'm not cool enough!  Nobody needs to look at my ass!

smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JordansGenius:

Y'all rock!

but...

...lower!

Argh!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Lol you mean you have one on your ass? I thought you ment the other side.

Quoting JordansGenius:

I wish!  I get itchy!

You'll never see me in makeup, though!  Nope.

washing dishes

Meh...

I'm not cool enough!  Nobody needs to look at my ass!

smile

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JordansGenius:

Y'all rock!

but...

...lower!

Argh!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN