Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$600 for a toddler birthday?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 118 Replies

Is this a lot to spend on a birthday party for a toddler?  I'm just curious because my friend is paying this to have her daughter's bday party at a jumping place....they provide food and everything for $600 for a two hour party.  On the other hand, I was going to have my son's bday party at our house....about 15 people and kids, I hope it doesn't get too expensive.  Is my friend onto something or should I just have the bday party at my house?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

bumpity bump bumparoooo

Karyanne24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM
600 is too much, I top out at 200 for a bday party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  $200 was more along the lines of my budget.

Quoting Karyanne24:

600 is too much, I top out at 200 for a bday party.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
There's no right or wrong. Everyone is different. We usually spend around around that or more
Marimaru
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Holy hell.  I would never spend that much.  My daughter turned 4 Friday, and her party was less than $100 all in with a friend at a play place.  Before that, it was just a small family thing at home.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

That depends on how many people (adults/kids) are going to the party, where its being held, what type of food/cakes are being served.......etc

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree there is no right or wrong. What do you feel? That is what should matter in your case.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I personally find it ridiculous to spend that much on birthday party.Could we afford it? Yes, but why spend that kind of money on something that the children will most likely forget?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree there is no right or wrong. What do you feel? That is what should matter in your case.

Well, I really like to cook and do the prep, it's fun.  We also have a HUGE yard that is kid-friendly and full of grass.  A 1/2 acre in L.A. is almost unheard of...we are fortunate.  I like entertaining at home.  My friend doesn't cook at all and probably has more kids coming to her party, so it probably makes more sense.

felicia0387
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Where i am from this is nuts! i would never spend that much on a bday party no matter what the age, take that money and put it to better use! On the other hand if the person has the extra money to blow then i guess its fine, but for us working middle class people that imo is just nuts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN