Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a cleaning lady?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a housekeeper that comes but only on Wednesdays. I always clean before she gets there and my husband thinks I'm nuts. Is that normal? I feel like if it's mostly clean when she gets there she will have more time to do deep cleaning.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Why yes I have a cleaning lady! She isn't very punctual though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM

for what? i didn't ask her to be a cleaning lady, she chose this life.

Quoting julainepw:

Oh geez! Can't the lady get one day a week off?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have one for my 3 bedroom house that comes 6 days a week. She has church on Sundays. Her religion ruins my scheduling ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
She never does my bedroom. That's the only room I wouldn't want her in. Other than that i am happy she's there. I usually even help her haha

Quoting Snapdragon88:

No way, man. I would feel so weird with someone else cleaning my house. Cleaning is oddly personal to me, lol.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Yes, she does all the floors. I hate floors, I make sure everything is picked up off the floor, but she does the base boards, counters and cabinet fronts.

livindeadgirl
by Carrie on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM

yea... me. 

BabyFetus Ticker
HyrulianH3roine
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

hilarious! and so me!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

My husband said he would never get me a housekeeper because I would clean the house before she came over lol

zacmacsmomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

See that's the stuff I hate doing too!  I will start working soon, maybe I can pay for someone to come over and do that kind of stuff :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. I don't mind cleaning myself because my kids are old enough to clean after theirselves but I just don't want to do things like baseboards and shampooing etc

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

My husband said he would never get me a housekeeper because I would clean the house before she came over lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Unless you've specifically discussed it with her, she probably isn't deep cleaning. She's probably just redoing what you did. I don't clean before mine comes but I do declutter.
Booklover129
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

That would be me....DH did pay for a cleaning to come in and clean once because, in the span of 2 weeks, I had my wisdom teeth removed and developed a dry socket and then my grandmother died. When we came back from the out of state funeral I felt so overwhelmed by everything he took care of it.

of course now I wish he would just pick up after himself! 

Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I dont have one now, but I hope to one day  (its a goal in life) but I was a cleaning lady once and I agree with you, the cleaner it is when they arrive the cleaner it will be when they leave.  I always asked that clients picked up before I came so I could actually get to the dirt.    I didn't expect them to clean before I got there but if a home was cluttered it was almost impossible to get it really clean

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN