Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the worst criticism you've ever received?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 35 Replies

What is the worst criticism you've ever received?

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

"I just love how androgenous you dress".

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM

People in life don't usually criticize me, I mean my mother constantly does, but that's her personality, same for my father, but I've never really had anyone else say anything negative to me or about me.  I also don't count hateful criticism, from those that are angry or dislike me, because it's not relevant.

lady-J-Rock
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM

That I was piece of shit mother.

readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM

That no one would want to be with me because I had three kids, advice from the ex who I'm so happy to be without them.

drsdolphin
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
4 moms liked this

When I was at my old work place a few years ago at a restaurant I was talking about wanting to go back to college and go into the medical field. The owner's wife told me I was to poor to go back to college and you had to be smart to go into the medical field. That made me feel horrible. Now I have a Certificate, Associates, and a Bachelors and work in the medical field.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM

My sister called me socially retarded because I accidentally embarrassed her in front of her friends.

cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

How mean! Plus sometimes it is better to be "POOR" in college as you get more student aid and scholarships.

Quoting drsdolphin:

When I was at my old work place a few years ago at a restaurant I was talking about wanting to go back to college and go into the medical field. The owner's wife told me I was to poor to go back to college and you had to be smart to go into the medical field. That made me feel horrible. Now I have a Certificate, Associates, and a Bachelors and work in the medical field.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM

For christmas, when my first daughter was 7weeks old, my grandma gave me a scale and said i needed it and needed to loose weight...

I think i cried.

sarahmiamaria
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
My ex father in law told me I couldn't live in a nice town because there was no Wal-Mart for me to work at. Or how I couldn't recognize the smell of quality clothing since I grew up poor. Jack ass
nabeaud
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM

That I was doing a terrible job raising my newly adopted daughter because I was "coddling her" and allowing her terrifying deep seeded  fear of dogs.  Despite the fact that she was in counseling for it and we were working through the fear the best we could, this woman told me I was being a terrible mom.  Just what every new mom needs to hear, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN