Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I explained child birth to my 5 year old...now im really regretting it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
She is almost 6 and was asking questions so I told her. I also had the book ina mays guide to child birthing that ive been reading and she saw some of the pictures and asked questions it was all fine then she can't get away from the question "why does that lady have a hairy butt?" It's so annoying ive explained that she will get hair when she gets older but she has asked the same questions 10 times. I know now that she was not ready but I cant take back what I did. So any advice.
*btw she thinks this question is hilarious. Its been going on for 2 days, when and what would you say to get it to stop.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Just tell her, "I explained this to you already. If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer, if not, go play while I _______ (fill in the blank; cook, clean, etc.)"

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM

What makes you think she isn't ready?  When she asks questions, that is the time to answer them.  Instead of just saying "that's what happens when you get older" explain WHY hair grows there.  And yes, the questions will probably get repetitive.  Just be patient and be honest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Just answer her questions. Geez. My kids all know where the baby comes out of. My 9 year old knows exactly how it gets there. They were really curious right after but don't ask about it much now. It's still an ongoing conversation
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Answer her questions.  If you get frustrated she will see that and not come to you if she has a question.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
When my daughter continually asks questions, I'll ask her why she thinks so and so.she will give me an answer and then it wll be done.
blue.chairs
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Lol...did she not ask a billion questions before this? I know my dd did at that age...about everything. Just answer. The curiosity will die down eventually.

Then she will ask you a billion questions about something else!
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My boys were in the delivery room when ds3 was born. They handled it very very well. ( They were 3 and 6 at the time) Just answer her questions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I shouldn't have let her look at the book at least. I should have just stuck with more simple answers. Btw she thinks its funny to ask that question thats how I know she wasn't ready.

Quoting kailu1835:

What makes you think she isn't ready?  When she asks questions, that is the time to answer them.  Instead of just saying "that's what happens when you get older" explain WHY hair grows there.  And yes, the questions will probably get repetitive.  Just be patient and be honest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I had csecs with her and her brother so she thought all babies were cut from the tummy, she saw a picture in my book asked about it and I thought it was a good time to explain to her, but Idk guess I should have stuck with short answers

Quoting Anonymous:

Just answer her questions. Geez. My kids all know where the baby comes out of. My 9 year old knows exactly how it gets there. They were really curious right after but don't ask about it much now. It's still an ongoing conversation

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

LOL!  Sounds like you are the one who is not ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)