Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh look. Walmart is Stuck with the Bill...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just as they should be. Down in the article you'll see that other stores in the area were refusing EBT cards until the limits were evident again. Perhaps Walmart should have taken the hint. Now they're stuck with a huge bill...poor babies.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree/story?id=20563982

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Well they can sue everyone or charge them with larceny as well as dhs charging them all with fraud.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

They should be punished for trying to help?

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Poor Walmart. Poor Food Stamp recepiants.
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Poor Walmart. Poor Food Stamp recepiants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sure the government will hold the people who overspent responsible. I know that in the military if they overpay you, they WILL get it back. Whether it is garnished wages or rescinding of benefits for a few months... The government will not just let this slide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM
3 moms liked this
I get ebt, and totally agree with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

the government should make each one of those dirty scum shit bags that know what they did was wrong pay every damn cent back!

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
6 moms liked this

"As they should be?"  Are you serious?  The people who participated in this by taking more than they were supposed to are nothing better than thieves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM
4 moms liked this

I guess we can just overlook 'taking personal responsibility for one's actions'.

sarcasm

bellygirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM
6 moms liked this

The people who took advantage should not get a dime on their cards until the amount they spent is taken off of what they get monthly.  These people knew it was a glitch, yet when it was fixed the lazy asses left their carts sitting full of food and just walked out.  

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know I kinda feel like the glitch is the governments problem, not the recipients nor Walmarts. Maybe if the government pulled it's head out if it's ass and paid attention to everything else this kinda thing wouldn't have happened.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN