Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh look. Walmart is Stuck with the Bill...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just as they should be. Down in the article you'll see that other stores in the area were refusing EBT cards until the limits were evident again. Perhaps Walmart should have taken the hint. Now they're stuck with a huge bill...poor babies.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree/story?id=20563982

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a huge dose of KARMA!!!  LMAO!!!   GOOD!!!!

SnapShotMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

http://informlocal.com/images/beating-dead-horse%202.gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care who does or does not receive help.... not being insulting to you personally, just saying a fact about my self.

with that said, these people KNOW they were doing something awful! I'm afraid of how much food will be thrown out and waisted. I'm also incredibly pissed off that all the food shelves were emptied all the meats and dairy were gone but yet fresh fruits and veggies seemed to be unmentioned.....

if you're going to be a greedy as fuck drain on society, at least get some HEALTHY FOODS

I want to scream in their faces.

I cannot stand shitty people

Quoting Anonymous:

I get ebt, and totally agree with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

the government should make each one of those dirty scum shit bags that know what they did was wrong pay every damn cent back!

darciegenito
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I agree.

Quoting Maks1mommy:

I think it was really stupid of walmart not to refuse the ebt cards, but I think the people who took advantage should be held responsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Walmart won't be on the hook for as much as you think. They know exactly who took what and how much so those that went way over what they were supposed to get will get punished in some form. Most likely by having a negative balance on their cards and not getting any benefits until it's paid off.
Walmart was stupid for allowing it but the people who took advantage of it are even more dumb.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Good. They were an accessory to the theft, they should be responsible for it. Damn sure should not be the taxpayers that shoulder the burden for the combined greed of the store and the scammers.

Chrissywissy
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes lets not hold the thiefs responsible, the ones who knew they did not get that much in FS......once again the sense of entitlment in this country astounds me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Ok, so that Walmart's punishment for allowing it.....what is the punishment for the people who did it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Walmart should foot the bill because they let it happen.

I do hope they find some sort of punishment for each one of those thieves who knowingly took advantage of the glitch. I believe the state should save some taxpayer money and withhold benefits until the amount of their loss reaches what they stole. Ideally, they would be cut off completely, but I know that's highly unlikely.
lunabella79
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, so the people that stole the food won't be held accountable. That's just so shameful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)