Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh look. Walmart is Stuck with the Bill...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just as they should be. Down in the article you'll see that other stores in the area were refusing EBT cards until the limits were evident again. Perhaps Walmart should have taken the hint. Now they're stuck with a huge bill...poor babies.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree/story?id=20563982

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Replies (321-330):
MeaganP
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM
The stock holders will take the loss which means less taxes they will pay

codfish
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Of course, we can't expect people to be honest and not steal. It isn't their fault they're the scum of the earth or the reason people get so pissed off about welfare.
I can't just imagine the fit you and others would have if Wal-Mart had declined ebt. Then Wal-Mart would be greedy and discriminatory.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Farmlady09
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I agree, but the food banks aren't capable of picking up that much of the need that will be out there.

The other problem I see with that is say the ebt is only held for a week, and those people empty the food banks ~ what happens to those who depend on the food banks and don't get ebt?

Either way, there are going to be a lot of very hungry people. I hope, but won't hold my breath, that hungry doesn't turn to desparate and wind up with cities under martial law to keep some sort of order.

Quoting KJH_KMH_MOM:

I get foodstamps and still have to come out of pocket to provide food in my household. yes it will make things a lot tighter, but its not going to keep my family from eating. I hope that the people that rely solely upon EBT to eat are smart enough to go to food banks... I would hate to see a kid go hungry!

Quoting Farmlady09:

Well, it appears that they may be cutting all foodstamps Nov. 1st. That should be fun. I've asked the question before, and people said it wasn't even a possibiltiy. So, if you rely on ebt to feed your children (and/or yourself), what are you going to do if those food stamps aren't available? The glitch apparently filled up a few refrigerators, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to all of the refrigerators that only fill up if ebt is available.

http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/food-stamps-possibly-cut-off-at-end-month-local-families-affected-37168.shtml

"The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-- or food stamps-- may be cut off at the end of the month. This was outlined in a letter sent out by the USDA to each state's commissioner agency director.
The USDA is asking states to hold off on their November issuance files, which will delay transmission to state electronic benefit transfer vendors until further notice. That means, no one will receive money to get food on the electronic benefits card."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Consider it a tax write off. The company usually allows for lost they can also consider it charity. Personally, I say let the people who abused it lose use of their card for a month are two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I think the people who bought the groceries should get in trouble. They knew what their limit was.
lilymomof5
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

walmart sucks anyway.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Ya. Shame on them for trying to help EBT customers get thru until it was fixed. I agree lets punish them buy making them pay for the loss and not hold anyone who took advantage accountable. 

Photo: -Randi.

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Sotheby's people who stole get no punishment. 

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Did you just make what I said about race?  Well...I don't remember saying a damn thing about that...

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Do you know where this is?  This is no where near New Orleans.  This is in North, Louisiana. Let me give you a map and population: 

Springhill, LA  The racial makeup of the city was 73.49% White, 25.13% African American, 0.20% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. 0.79% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.  Springhill is where the star is.  that is near the Arkansas border

Mansfield, LA.  The racial makeup of the city was 34.13% White, 64.26% African American, 0.13% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.47% from other races, and 0.75% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.This one is closer to Texas. 

I am sure this was equal opportunity "shopping" btw.  Yes, the walmart got looted in New Orleans.  Other walmarts were looted in the areas too, like the ones in the white areas as well.  You didn't hear about that did you?  A couple of deputies for Jefferson Parish got in trouble for looting, btw, but you wouldn't know that if you didn't live here.   If you are going to diss the folks who looted, make sure you get the right walmart before you start.  

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

These are the same ppl who looted during Katrina...Are you really surprised?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is fucked up of those people who took advantage of the system like that. They should be sanctioned until whatever was not meant for them is paid back.

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

You said what they did in Katrina.  That implies New Orleans which implies blacks.  Yes, blacks looted one of the New Orleans Walmart, but one in a mixed area was also looted but it wasn't widely publicized.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Did you just make what I said about race?  Well...I don't remember saying a damn thing about that...

Quoting valhallaarwen:

Do you know where this is?  This is no where near New Orleans.  This is in North, Louisiana. Let me give you a map and population: 

Springhill, LA  The racial makeup of the city was 73.49% White, 25.13% African American, 0.20% Native American, 0.22% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. 0.79% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.  Springhill is where the star is.  that is near the Arkansas border

Mansfield, LA.  The racial makeup of the city was 34.13% White, 64.26% African American, 0.13% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.47% from other races, and 0.75% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.This one is closer to Texas. 

I am sure this was equal opportunity "shopping" btw.  Yes, the walmart got looted in New Orleans.  Other walmarts were looted in the areas too, like the ones in the white areas as well.  You didn't hear about that did you?  A couple of deputies for Jefferson Parish got in trouble for looting, btw, but you wouldn't know that if you didn't live here.   If you are going to diss the folks who looted, make sure you get the right walmart before you start.  

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

These are the same ppl who looted during Katrina...Are you really surprised?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is fucked up of those people who took advantage of the system like that. They should be sanctioned until whatever was not meant for them is paid back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)