Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should have listened to my gut...

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 56 Replies
WHY didn't I?! I hate how doctors pressure you into doing something... I have always been against the flu vaccine. The other day I decided to get my son the flu vaccine. (The mist not the shot). I did it because he is always sick being in school. This is his first year in kindergarten. Anyways. That day he was fine after the spray. Even that next day. But the following day, he had a horrible runny nose, coughs, sneezing etc. By that afternoon, he had no appetite and he started feeling yucky. Then came the fever. It lasted all night. Even this morning he woke up feeling sick with fever. He is STILL sick... I hate him missing school again tomorrow, because he has already missed 3 days!! :( I don't know what to do... :'( Never will I get that stupid mist or shot again... Have any of you mommas had kids react bad to the flu mist???
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I always say, go with your gut

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's suppose to make them sick, so that they fight it off easily when they get the real thing.
SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I alway get really sick after the flu shot, ive never given my girls it they are almost four and two.
ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM
And that makes total since! BUT the dr told me that all he would get is a sore throat....
Quoting Anonymous:

It's suppose to make them sick, so that they fight it off easily when they get the real thing.
shaunaleigh418
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
My girls are 5 and almost 3 and have never gotten it. I get severely sick after it for 3 weeks so I always skip that for them.
ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I've had the flu shot and I was fine. I've never had the flu mist though... My son is 5. I should have never did it..
Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

I alway get really sick after the flu shot, ive never given my girls it they are almost four and two.
Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't and won't do the mist ever again because of the same situation. It is a live virus after all...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this
You should have read the vaccine info sheet. This is your fault for being under/uneducated. The mist is live virus, it's supposed to make them sick.

Quoting ProundMommy_08:

And that makes total since! BUT the dr told me that all he would get is a sore throat....

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
My doctor told me the opposite when both my son and I got them. He said we would feel worse for a few days, but then should be fine.

Quoting ProundMommy_08:

Quoting Anonymous:

ProundMommy_08
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Oh gosh, 3 weeks?! :( His class goes to the pumpkin patch Thursday... I hope his goes away soon...
Quoting shaunaleigh418:

My girls are 5 and almost 3 and have never gotten it. I get severely sick after it for 3 weeks so I always skip that for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN