Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sister is trying to convince me that I was molested

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
My sister was sexually abused by our uncle. She says he abused me too, but i dont recall anything. I feel sick to my stomach. This is ruining our relationship. Is it possible that i was molested and dont remember? Is it possible that she has false memories?

This is her message to me:
Do you have any memories of C---- acting inappropriate with you like holding your hand or feeling your hair or letting you lay on top of him? I remember seeing him do that kinda stuff to you at grandmas old house when we were little.
Well I never think it is ok to let young children lay in top of you or hold there hand while watching a movie. I saw him kiss you on the lips when we were watching Winnie the Pooh that is not normal. I don't think it is even ok for any guy to hold your daughters hands or let them as men lay on top of them family or not. I just want you to try to remember and be honest with your self about him and get some counseling.

My response:I don't remember him kissing me on the lips ever. I don't even remember laying on top of him. I sat next to him...and he held my hand occasionally....but it was never bad, sexual, or awkward.

I've been in counseling for many years. I've healed from many things. For some reason, I don't feel like I was ever molested by C----. I was molested by a neighbor and date raped by someone else. I've been to counseling for those things.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
That isn't molestation and normal! Weird for her to think that was so inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:17 AM

It is very possible that she has created false memories but it is also possible that they are real. Really there is no way to know for sure.

elliem87
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:21 AM
She may just want to know it wasn't just her.

I hope you and your sister heal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM
I agree. He never did anything abnormal to me.

He did however, rape my sister and she got pregnant twice :-/

Quoting pinkiebabii:

That isn't molestation and normal! Weird for her to think that was so inappropriate.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:23 AM
2 moms liked this

As someone who was molested by her uncle......

If you don't remember it.. let it go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I'd just tell her that you are being honest, and since you already gave her the answer that is true for you she needs to back off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:24 AM
She's in therapy but I don't think she will ever recover. It hurts me so badly. I just want it to go away.

Quoting elliem87:

She may just want to know it wasn't just her.

I hope you and your sister heal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:28 AM
She keeps bringing it up. She comes into my life and then cuts off communication again whenever this topic comes up. It's painful. I love her and I want to be in her life so I always welcome her back.
I wish it was something that I could "just let go" but it's not.
This whole situation tore our family apart. I haven't spoken to my dad in 3 yrs over this.

Quoting KristenFowles: As someone who was molested by her uncle......
If you don't remember it.. let it go. 
LivysMama
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she just doesn't want to be alone in the situation?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM

WOW.....did he go to jail for this???

I feel bad for your sister :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. He never did anything abnormal to me.

He did however, rape my sister and she got pregnant twice :-/

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN