Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Percocets who takes them

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:26 AM
  • 23 Replies
I'm on pain meds Percocet I don't know why people get addicted? Are u? Do u enjoy taking them without any pain? How many times has your doctor prescribed them?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:29 AM

My husband was addicted to percocets. He said they gave him a euphoric feeling. I took percs for my c section. They got rid of my pain and that was it.

naomishere
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:30 AM

i take them until i go for my knee replacement sucks but id rather not live in pain and be able to actually do things with my daughter

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:30 AM

They are highly addictive.  They're opiates, like heroine.  If you take them regularly and stop, you will withdraw.  Once the physical effectives wear off, you are still left with the psychological ones.  Some people are more prone to addiction than others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:32 AM
1 mom liked this
You will become addicted if you take them long enough...it's a physical thing, you cannot control it.
cafemom718
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Yeah me too. I got my gallbladder removed and when I take them I feel great with no pain at all that I got to do my daughter's hair today!

Quoting naomishere:

i take them until i go for my knee replacement sucks but id rather not live in pain and be able to actually do things with my daughter

imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope! I don't even like taking them for pain. I think some people in my family do though. I see the addiction all the time. I feel they quit on addiction to get addicted to something else. I am actually angry that it is so easy to get these days. I feel that the pharmaceutical industry is banking on peoples addictions. There are healthy ways to use the pain meds. Have a program to work on getting you off of them. I see a lot of people who get surgery and get these pain meds. Usually two or three types of meds and they stay on them for ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I have a broken ankle. I take them. I think I'm addicted. I use them to sleep. I've found myself taking them two at a time sometimes. I can't sleep without taking one. But I haven't really taken them the past three days
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I took them after my c section.

I had to go to the er a couple days after we can home from the hospital. Doctor thought my appendix was going to burst. Turns out I was super constipated from the percocet.
cafemom718
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Mines too...I be counting my pills making sure he doesn't start again. I don't dare leave them around.... he thinks I'm going to get addicted because I've been on them for a while but that's due to my health condition.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband was addicted to percocets. He said they gave him a euphoric feeling. I took percs for my c section. They got rid of my pain and that was it.

cafemom718
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Yeah it happens to me too I need them before bed and I take two every six hours I be worried so i ntake ibuprofen in between.. how long have u been on them? Does your doctor keep prescribing them?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a broken ankle. I take them. I think I'm addicted. I use them to sleep. I've found myself taking them two at a time sometimes. I can't sleep without taking one. But I haven't really taken them the past three days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)