Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think an appropriate punishment for a crime like this would be?

Posted by   + Show Post

Grown Woman Arrested for Posing as Teen to Seduce 14-Year-Old Boy

by April Daniels Hussar

Naomi DixonHere's a new twist on all those depressing teacher sex scandals in the news lately: A 31-year-old Florida woman has been arrested on charges that she pretended to be a teenager to have sex with a 14-year-old boy.

The boy says he met Naomi Dixon at a party, where he says she told him she was 17. He says he gave his own age as 14. They allegedly had sex that very night.

Dixon has been charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery involving a sex act with a child. Not only did she allegedly have sex with this kid on at least eight occasions, but he says she also tried to lock him in her home more than once and became violent when he tried to leave. Oh and also? He says she tried to carve his initials into her arm.

What a nightmare, right? This is the part that I find heartbreaking: The kid says he finally told his parents about his new "friend" because he was tired of Dixon trying to force him to stay at her house. Can you even imagine how confused and overwhelmed he must have been? If I was his mom, and this all turns out to be true, I'd want to strangle this woman.

When she was arrested, Dixon reportedly first denied having sex with the minor, but then changed her story and said she thought he was 18. Oh boy.

It's so hard to imagine the mindset of someone like this, isn't it? If these allegations are true, does it mean that she's just a sick person who is only attracted to kids? Or is she trying to somehow relive her own teenage years? Maybe she didn't get enough attention from boys back when she actually WAS a teenager and this is a twisted and bizarre way of making up for it ...

Ug. Who knows. Time will tell if the charges stick, but if Dixon is found guilty, it's certainly not the first time an adult used trickery and manipulation to take advantage of a vulnerable young person. And, sadly, it won't be the last.

What do you think an appropriate punishment for a crime like this would be?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

How old are your kids?

Quoting laparla:

I think the age of consent should be 14, as it is in many other countries, so it wouldn't be a crime.

laparla
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM

14, 12 and 8

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your kids?

Quoting laparla:

I think the age of consent should be 14, as it is in many other countries, so it wouldn't be a crime.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Florida. Shocker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM

So you would be ok with your 14 year old having sex?

Quoting laparla:

14, 12 and 8

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your kids?

Quoting laparla:

Sportbominable
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Life in prison. You cannot cure child molesters. They will never stop. The best we can do is prevent the abuse from ever happening and help the children who are abused to not turn into an abuser. 

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM
She seems mentally unhinged. She needs to be locked up, she essentially tried kidnapping this boy.
Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM
5 moms liked this

I doubt it. It's not like it's Texas, ha.

And honestly, I disagree about what the age of consent should be. This case really proves why. If that kid had the ability to make good decisions about sexual partners, I can almost guarantee he would have seen a few red flags BEFORE getting involved with this woman. Being a 14 year old child, he more than likely ignored those red flags because he either didn't take them seriously, didn't care because his hormones were driving, or flat out didn't see them because he is too young and immature to understand the risks.

Some 14 year olds are very mature, most are not. You will be doing more harm to the ones that will be easily taken advantage of at that age, than you will be doing good for the ones that are mature enough to handle adult relationships by making the age of consent 14.

Just my opinion, of course.

Quoting laparla:

Well, true.

Even at that, I suspect that whatever the penalty is in Florida, it will be way over the top.

Quoting Laura1427:

Age of CONSENT.

Not age of makes-it-legal-to-lock-someone-in-your-home.

Come on now

laparla
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM

There are all sorts of things I'm not ok with that I wouldn't want to lock someone up for.

If my 14 yo were having sex, that's a decision she made, it's not rape.  Whether I would like it to happen has nothing at all to do with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you would be ok with your 14 year old having sex?

laparla
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Quoting Sportbominable:

Life in prison. You cannot cure child molesters. They will never stop. The best we can do is prevent the abuse from ever happening and help the children who are abused to not turn into an abuser. 

No, it is true that you cannot cure pedophilia, but this is not an instance of it.

laparla
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Denise Harvey

Florida is an extremely punitive state.  About as bad as Texas.

Quoting Laura1427:

I doubt it. It's not like it's Texas, ha.

Quoting laparla:

Well, true.

Even at that, I suspect that whatever the penalty is in Florida, it will be way over the top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)