Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM... Why do you expect your husband to do this?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 531 Replies
19 moms liked this
How can you expect your husband to come home and still cook and clean? My husband helps w the kids, mostly the baby, but I don't expect him to come home and clean up after himself or cook. I hate that some say in not his maid... Really? He is your husband, and if you get to stay home you should cater to your family. How would you like it if he had the same negative attitude about being the only one supporting the family? I'm sure you would bitch about that to. It's so sad how lazy some SAHM have become. Yes we work hard, and my husband busts his ass to give us an amazing life, so why not make sure he is well taken care of?

*** For the ladies that do expect their husband to do just as much housework. How would you feel if he were to ask you to start paying bills. Contribute to the cost of living or the things you need. Would you think it's fair? ****
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM
10 moms liked this
Because working fourtyhours a week would be a luxury compared to what I do. Although truly not SAHM , I do work pt, and make as much as him. But yes everyone is expected to do work at home. Even the kids..... Shame on me right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
72 moms liked this

Some would argue that being a sahMOM is for the children, not for the man. My husband is grown, he knows how to pick up after himself. I certainly don't expect him to come home, cook, and deep clean the house after a 10-12 hour shift, but he doesn't need to be catered to either. Picking up after himself is part of being a responsible grown man. He comes home to a cooked meal every night, the house clean, the kids taken care of, but his job doesn't give him a free pass to not put his plate in the sink or put dirty clothes where they belong. My obligation is to my children, and my husband fully takes advantage of the benefits of me taking care of the home because of our children, but he's not a baby, and this is his home, and his children as well.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
7 moms liked this

We can all agree to disagree and do what is best for our family.

jen2150
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
For the same he expects me to do it. It needs to be done. I do more than just stay home. Last night he got home before me. He is an adult and helps because he cares and appreciates me. I help any way I can for the same reason. He is always free to say I am too tired just like I am. Cooking is good and healthy for him. I appreciate a meal cooked for me just as much as he does.
2Sparrows4ever
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey!! I totally agree!! DH helps because he wants to though
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I dont

mommaFruFru
2 moms liked this
I don't expect him to cook and clean.

But when he comes home at 4 am he can atleadt put his dishes in the sink and not leave them in the bedroom
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
22 moms liked this
Because I work 24/7. I am still cleaning up and taking care of the kids while he sits on his ass with a beer in his hand (not a beer every night). Most nights I am juggling a crying baby and trying to get supper on the table. My job doesn't stop when the clock says 5 pm. A little help and respect is nice.
Sept-babies2
2 moms liked this
I don't. I do all of that and love it.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
15 moms liked this

Because once in a while I crave a philly cheesesteak sandwhich and nobody makes them as deliciously as he does.

I do not expect him to clean but I do expect him to pick up after himself like a responsible adult does to show our daughter good habits we'd like her to keep up with.

And he doesn't have to do his laundry, but his clothes BETTER make it to the hamper because I don't have time to treasure hunt for lost socks and favorite shirts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured